A Close Call

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A GRAPHIC SCENE INVOLVING AN ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSULT AND A LITTLE GORE.

Liam's POV

I move quietly down the hall. I move past the middle door remembering what Lottie had said. That was a small medical room that would always have Melissa or Dr. Ada inside and if they caught me out of my room without one of the boys by my side there would surely be punishment for me.

The last door that is right next to the stairs I recall her saying is off limits to me. There could be only one thing in that room.

I take the door knob in my hand shooting anxious looks overs my shoulder at the stairs, but I don't see anybody. I'll just check on her, I won't do anything, just make sure she is okay. I promise myself before pushing open the door.

The room is dim. It reminds me of a hospital room. Everything smells sterile and everything is white. In the center of the room is Ruth. She lays in the center of the bed hooked up to multiple machines. Her hair is fanned out around her and her eyes are closed looking peaceful, it's almost as though she is just sleeping. The machines though tell another story. She is hooked up to a heart monitor, a machine that helps her breath and she has an IV in her arm.

I move to the chair beside her bed. I want to reach out and touch her, but I don't dare knowing just touching her could trigger my abilities. I sit there quietly crying watching her "sleep".

This is all my fault.

I cover my mouth to hold in sobs as I look at the sister that has been there everyday for anything and everything that I could ever need.

"I thought you weren't suppose to be in here," my dad's voice from the doorway startles me. He comes into the room closing the door behind him.

"I thought you were suppose to remain in the basement unless it's meal time," I snap back rising from the chair my hand going to my belly.

"I suppose we're both rule breakers then, huh? I didn't mean to interrupt Liam. Go ahead sit back down, take her hand," he encourages me motioning to the chair.

"I think I'm going to go to bed," I try to step around him and get to the door. His hand shoots out wrapping tightly around my wrist.

"No, I think you should spend some time with your sister," he argues pulling me to him so that my back is against his chest.

I struggle against him trying to break free but his grip around my wrist tightens as he drags me towards Ruth's form.

"Let me go! Let me go!" I scream kicking out at him and even going as far as biting him.

"Stop struggling or I'm going to hurt you and that little monster inside you," he hisses in my ear making me go slack in his arms. I wrap my arms around my stomach not wanting him to lay a hand on me or my baby.

"Tell me Liam, how do people get to be immortal?" he hisses in my ear.

I don't reply biting my lip.

"Answer me when I'm speaking to you!" he yells at me pushing me away from him. I stumble and fall backwards. I luckily land on my back and am able to stop there being much of an impact on my body by bracing myself with my hands. My hands burn and wrist protests but I don't care. The baby is okay.

"T-They have to drink from me or...have s-sex with me," I stutter out tears running down my cheeks.

"You'll never know this, but getting old sucks, Liam. I am starting to get arteritis in my joints and my sight is getting worse. You will be doing me a huge favor. You're sister can wait a couple of minutes I need you first," he smiles a twisted smile at me grabbing something off the table behind him.