Little Cabin In the Woods

Liam's POV

City lights go by, town houses turn to trees, the sun rises and the need for gas was our our stops.

Louis lets me rest my head on his shoulder as I cradle Jeremiah and Lucas always trading off every hour.

Melissa checks on me often asking how I am feeling and if I'm still bleeding. I always tell her it has stopped for the most part aside from a few drops here and there which she assures me is normal.

As it goes onto nine am we turn down a rarely used road in between the trees. Zayn easily maneuvers down the trail as though he has been here many times before.

I hold Jeremiah close as we roll down the bumpy trail. Lucas starts to fuss in his grandma's arms and I take him resting his head on my chest knowing from only 12 hours of experience that I am the only one that can get him to really calm down. Holding both my sons close with a cautious hand from Harry that rests on Jeremiah, we move our way through the forest going at least twelve miles before coming to a stop in front of a decent size log cabin with a smaller one beside it.

"It's not much, but it's home for now. I'll explain more once we get inside," Zayn promises before turning off the car and coming over to my side of the car handing a set of keys to Niall as he gets out.

Slowly everybody begins to move. Niall grabs two of the bags from the car while Louis grabs the others and jay takes the remaining baby bag.

Zayn opens the door and leans in kissing the heads of both our sons.

"Lucas and Jeremiah, my two beautiful sons," he whispers brushing his fingers over their tiny hands that rest on my chest, curled into little fist, "You're going to have to let my mum and Harry carry them inside. It wouldn't be safe for me to carry you and the twins."

"I can walk," I argue not wanting my babies out of my sight, not after them just being born not even a day ago and being attacked already.

"Liam, you have no shoes and no pants. You're wrapped only in a sheet and gave birth not even 12 hours ago. You might want to rethink that," Harry reminds me already reaching out his for one of the twins.

Reluctantly I hand him jeremiah warning him to be careful with my son. Trisha takes his place and I give her my still upset youngest after pecking his head in farewell.

"You're going to be amazing at this," Zayn grins at me once it is just him and I. I lean into him kissing his soft lips. He immediately responds pulling me close. It's a sweet, long kiss that lingers on both of our lips. Our lips part, our foreheads rest against each other. Both of us staying quiet and listening to each other's breathing as though it is our own personal symphony.

"I love you so much, I was so scared to leave you. I can't do this without you, Zee," I whisper tears flowing down my cheeks as I reach out letting my skin brush his assuring me that he is here and he is whole and his is mine.

"You could if you had to and that is one of the things that amazes me about you Liam. I love you, Liam and you will never be able to understand just how much," he leans in kissing my forehead one last time. He lifts me out of my seat bridal style. His one arm beneath my knees and the other resting near my back as I wrap my arms around his neck resting my head on his chest.