Chapter 2

The knocking at her door snapped her out of her daydream.
"M'lady, it's time," Isabelle said through the door. Taking a deep breath in the mirror Grace walked to the door and opened it.
"I'm ready," she breathed, stepping in front of Isabelle and taking her leave down the stairs to the carriage.
Fifteen minutes, fifteen minutes to the palace, fifteen minutes of stress and anxiety. She had no one to present her, she had no one, she was alone. Her father was not coming, her siblings were with their governess. She was going to be alone during the most important moment of her life.
Stepping out of the carriage, she headed towards all the other eligible diamonds and their mothers. It was hardly difficult to miss all the ladies dressed in white with extensive feathers on their heads. Not paying attention to where she was going, she bumped into someone causing them to drop something.
"Oof, I beg your pardon?" the deep voice spoke. Her blood went cold. A man, she ran into a man. She has not even presented herself to society, and already blew it. Grace dropped to the ground and harvested the pocket watch that had descended to the gravel.
"I am truly sorry, Sir. I do not mean to be absentminded," Grace uttered, standing up quickly and passing the pocket watch to the man before glancing up. Anthony Bridgerton, the most eligible bachelor in London. "Oh, my lord! I'm so sorry," She expressed swiftly falling into a bow.
"Oh, I'm sorry I did not realize you were a lady. It's quite alright, lady?" Anthony stated, leaning over for her hand.
"Fawn, Grace Fawn, my lord," Taking his hand and standing up slowly.
"Thank you, Miss Fawn. I wish you luck today," He spoke, delivering a head bow.
"For what? She looked at him questionably.
"Your presentation?" He examined her as if she had not known about the event.
"Oh! That's right! I must be going," Grace gathered up her dress and hastened off to the other ladies "I'm sorry again, my lord!" she clamored before scurrying inside.

Inside, Grace stood with mothers and ladies, feeling utterly alone.
"GRACE! Oh, thank goodness! Someone I know!" Grace turned to see the lady to whom the voice belonged.
"Eloise! Oh, it is so good to see you! it has been too long," reaching in for a hug as her mother, Viscountess Bridgerton, arrived not far behind.
"Eloise!" The Viscountess spoke in a hushed tone.
"Quick! Let's run while we still can!" Eloise insisted, causing Grace to laugh.
"Eloise, you will be fine, and Good day Miss. Bridgerton," Grace smiled, giving a bow.
"Oh, hello dear, and please, it's Violet," She said, giving a warm smile.
Violet Bridgerton, is a close friend of Grace's mother, Blair. Helping her escape to the country, to start a new life. She would check in on the children and would give updates to Blair monthly, only to be caught by Lord Fawn and threatened. Once found out, Grace, James, and Ashlynn were forbidden to see, let alone speak to the Bridgertons.
"I hope you all are doing well?" Grace asks.
"We are. Daphne is now married and a duchess, and we are hoping to find someone for Eloise now," Violet smiled as Eloise groaned, "What about you dear?" She questioned.
"We are doing alright," Grace stated, putting on a smile.

"ELOISE BRIDGERTON PRESENTED BY HER MOTHER, VISCOUNTESS BRIDGERTON," we heard the queen's announcer speak.
"Good luck," Grace whispered before Elosie and her mother walked towards the double doors.
Moments later, a commotion came. Eloise ran through the doors past Grace, retreating down the long corridor. Grace leaned in the throne room, peering at everyone to see them examining a familiar scandal sheet, Lady Whistledown. The queen left the room, and gossip started to rise.
"May I?" Grace spoke kindly to the nearest gentlemen holding the scandal sheet.
"Of course," He nodded, handing over the pamphlet.

Grace's face fell.
"Dearest reader, a new season is here, which brings new scandals to be revealed. It seems to be that Lord Fawn has yet again sent another servant out dashing for their life. Will Grace Fawn be able to find herself a suitor? And if she does, shall the suitor be alright? This is certainly a disgrace on the Fawn family, muchly since their mother left. Let us hope that Grace Fawn and her siblings do not get into the war. This author can not be kept quiet no matter how hard her majesty would like to try.
Sincerely, Lady Whistledown"