Chapter 13

The room's chatter silenced, and all eyes were on Grace, not knowing a word she just articulated, except one.
"You speak Greek?" Colin spoke up.
"Just recently, I was growing tired of Norwegian. I'm sorry, my dish must have broken under the heat of tonight's meal."
"As long as you are not hurt, dear. I believe most of us are done with dinner anyway," Violet spoke, then diverted her attention to a nearby servant, "Please clean up, and send dessert to the green room," she smiled, standing up.
"The green room! But it is not Sunday!" Hyacinth jumps up.
"I believe Hyacinth is right, mother. We never go to the green room unless it is a Sunday," Francesca explains.
"Would you instead end your evening now?"

"Pardon my interruption, is it raining?" Ashlynn asks, peeking outside through a nearby window.
"I believe so," Violet replies.
"Grace, can we? Please?" Ashlynn requests with begging eyes.
Grace beamed, "Violet, would you excuse my siblings and me for a few minutes?"
"Of course. Is anything wrong?" she asks, slightly concerned.
"Not at all," Grace grinned, gathering her dress, and making eye contact with the twins. All three of the Fawn sibling's faces lit up and headed towards the front of the Bridgertons manor, practically dashing as fast as they could.
"What do you think is happening?" Eloise questions, curious now. 
"Why don't we find out?" Gregory asks.
"I think I may have an idea of what is happening," Daphne smiled to herself, hearing the laughter of the Fawns.

Lord and behold, all of the Bridgertons opened their front door to find Grace, James, and Ashlynn Fawn playing in the rain together. Ashlynn and Grace's hair once maintained was now fallen and had become soaked, along with their attire, but the smiles on their face were all worth it.
Anthony felt his eyes drag down from Grace's face to her neck. He could not help but think of how soft her skin would feel under his lips under the pouring sky.
Anthony blinked, stopping himself from going there. His eyes wandered to her wet hair, once carefully curled and pinned up. He suddenly felt the urge to wrap one of those wet curls around his finger. To just run his hands through Grace's soft hair and gently pull her head back, exposing that lovely neck for him to–

"May we join them, mother?" Hyacinth begged, breaking Anthony from his daydream.
"I-" Violet began to speak.
"Why not?" Anthony spoke, taking Hyacinth's hand, "Music, please!" he asked, pulling her into the rain as she giggled.
Shortly, the entire Bridgerton and Fawn family were dancing together in the pouring rain. The joy and smile on Grace's face was real. She did not care who was looking or if they talked, she was happy with her family.

Lighting began to strike, followed by sounds of thunder.
"Make hast inside, change into your night attire, and we shall meet in the green room," Violetspoke, hustling everyone inside.
"Do you do that often?"
Grace turned around to see Anthony dripping wet, his clothes glued to his body...his alluring muscular body, warmth flooded her cheeks.
"Only when it rains," she smiled, sensing his gaze over her body.
"Intriguing," he spoke in a husk voice.
"I shall go change into dry garments, then you can inform me how fascinating I am, Lord Bridgerton," Grace smirked, leaving Anthony at a loss for words as she departed to change.
"I like her," Benedict laughed, standing behind Anthony as he rolled his eyes and proceeded to his rooms to change, ignoring his brother.

Switching out of her wet dress and into the nightgown that Daphne lent her, Grace felt at home as she sat at the vanity and braided her soaked hair. She enjoyed getting under the Viscount's skin, testing him, and his patience.
*Knock, Knock*
"Come in," Grace uttered, completing the last piece of her braid, "Oh, Daph, thank goodness I have no idea where to go," she laughed.
"I had a feeling, so I've come to take you," Daphne smiled, standing in a matching nightdress.
"Thank you," Grace grinned, following Daphne. Grace observed the walls as they weaved through the corridors to the green room. Everything just flowed flawlessly with each other, all unadorned but still refined.
"You and my brother seem to get along well," Daph spoke, smirking on the inside, knowing Grace was about to deny it.
Grace paused, shocked by the sudden statement, "I- He is aggravating, is what he is," she laughed hesitantly.
"Yes, well, all of us are," Daph chuckled.
"So I've noticed," Grace replied as both of them laughed, stepping into a room of warmth.

The green room, walls painted like the willows with dark oak trimming leading to the elaborate fireplace in the epicenter of the wall to the right, where it was a blazing storm. Sage loveseats positioned near the fire, lined with the same dark oak from the wall trimming. The children posed on the floor next to the blaze, with hot cups in their hands, hair still mostly wet, but with smiles and giggles.
"Grace! Come sit by us! Gregory was telling us how they play mall ball too!" Ashlynn spoke, noticing Grace and Daphne in the doorway.
Daphne turned to Grace, "You play mall ball?" she asked, surprised.
"Do you not?"
"Quite the opposite. It is a game we created," Daphne replied.
"Us too," Grace laughed.
"I reckon you are a part of the family, and we did not know!" Daphne laughed, passing Grace a cup of hot cocoa.
"I presume so, thank you," Grace spoke, taking the steaming cup of warmth from Daphne.
"Ah, there you two are, I thought we yielded you, Lady Fawn," Anthony uttered, snickering as he took a sip of his hot beverage.
"You're going to need to try much harder, my lord. Beating you feels the same as any other win, yet somehow, it appears sweeter," she stated, stepping forward as intimidation.
"Perhaps we require a battle to find that out?" Anthony requested, positioning his hands behind his back.
"What were you considering? Embroidery? Painting? Possibly, playing the piano?"
"No, I-" he stammered, getting cut off.
"Because I would much rather find that out by saying...fencing, riding, archery, or even a glorious hunt," Grace emitted as Anthony stood wide-eyed, losing his voice.
"Unless... you believe a woman is incapable of doing such a "Dangerous" sport?"
"No, I did not say that," Anthony said, stunned at the accusation, looking to Benedict to help back him up.
"But you thought it, and stumbling over your words, my lord, is not helping your case," she grinned, happily taking a sip of warm chocolatey liquid in her hands and heading over to her siblings on the couch.
"I think you've found your match brother," Daphne laughed walking away to meet with Francesca.
Anthony sighed, turning to his brother, "Remind me to not lose my mind, brother."
"Not a chance," Benedict laughed, patting Anthony on the shoulder before going to sit with Colin and Eloise.
"Hot cocoa dear?" Violet spoke, walking up to Anthony with a cup.
"Yes, thank you," he sighed, "Do you think she will be a good Viscountess?" Anthony asked after a moment of silence as he looked at Grace playing and laughing with his siblings.
Shocked at her son's sudden question, Violet took a deep breath and spoke the truth, "I do. Lady Fawn is strong-witted, she will certainly speak her mind and not let anyone boss her around. You saw her earlier this noon, she is much like you."
Anthony watched his family love the Fawns like they were already a part of the family.
"Talk to her. How would you feel if you were in her shoes? The three of us can talk at breakfast if you wish," Violet offered as left her son in a troubled state.