Chapter 25

"I saw it in a shop window and couldn't resist, I hope you like it," Grace smiled.
"Like it? I love it! Oh, thank you, and I can't believe you remembered," Izzy cried, hugging Grace.
"Of course, I remembered, and it's the least I can do for you while dealing with this disarray the last few years,"
"As long as the people I love were okay, it didn't matter what cruel things your father did to me, and he's gone now,"
"and thank god for that. You know, we should have a garden party or something, I mean, we are drowning with flowers, and the sun has been delightful,"
"What about a brunch on the Twin's birthday? We can have a garden party brunch, then the ball in the evening,"
"Isabella Stoekin, you are an absolute genius!"
"So I've been told," she laughed.
"Oh no, the invitations! I've been so busy with the funeral and the bank I entirely forgot to finish them and have them sent out!" Grace began to panic.
Izzy put her hands on Grace's shoulders, "Breath, I'll take care of it, and they will be sent out before dinner. Now, make haste and take the Twins to the modiste, and everything will be fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, that's why I'm here. Now, go!" Izzy spoke sternly.
"Okay, okay, I'm going, I just need-" she spoke, advancing over to the chestnut desk.
Izzy cut Grace off, stopping her hands from reaching the eggshell papers, "No, you need to get out of the estate, it's been days since you left and seen sunlight. I will handle everything,"
"Thank you, I don't know what I would do without you,"
"Presumably forget how to be human. Now go, get out of here!" Izzy laughed, pushing Grace out of the study.
"You're the best. JAMES, ASHLYNN, are you guys ready? Grace yelled into the entryway, only to be greeted with no response.
A servant with a basket of laundry who was heading up the stairs halted, "I believe both of the children are in the carriage already, m'lady,"
"Oh. Thank you, Sarah," Grace nodded, advancing for her cloak, for there was a bit of a chill.
"Come on, Grace! Hurry up!" James hollered through the carriage window.
Grace chuckled, shutting the front door, "What do you think I'm doing,"
"Well, you're not going fast enough," Ashlynn cuts in, opening the entrance to the carriage.
"May I at least sit down before we leave?"
"Nope! ALL SET, DANIEL!" James shouts, knocking the wood panel closest to the driver.
"Wait- Wooahh," Grace attempted to voice before descending to the floor of the moving carriage.
"Whoops, sorry," James spoke, extending his hand to his sister.
"Mhm, sure," Grace laughs, taking a seat next to him, "Now, remember to be on your best behavior and-"
"We know. Ignore the talk, and nothing too expensive," Ashlynn finishes.
Grace smiled, "And James, no trying to be sneaky, I'm speaking to Benedict before you both depart for the suit shop,"
James frowned, "Fine." crossing his arms, causing both his sisters to laugh.
"Am I allowed to wear jewelry?" Ashlynn requests.
"I do not see a reason not to, it's both your ball, after all,"
"I don't have to right?" James asks
"Not unless you want to," Grace smiled
"Thank-"
"BENEDICT!" Ashlynn shrieked, waving out the window.
"Inside voice, Ash," James spoke, covering his ears.
"Ash, wait till the carriage comes to a halt to run out," Grace uttered, holding her excited sister back from flinging herself out of the window.
"Hello, Fawns," Benedict smiling and laughing, watching Ashlynn fight her way out of the carriage.
"Benedict!" Ashlynn shouted, rushing in for a hug.
"Good to see you, Ashlynn," he chuckled.
"Thank you for doing this," Grace smiled, stepping down, onto the gravel.
"Of course, I wouldn't want to go suit shopping with my sisters either," he laughed, winking at James.
"Good thing I'm not your sister," Grace laughed. Maybe she should go for Benedict, his smile is different but the same as Anthony's, he's sweet, caring, and has a sense of humor, certainly is easy on the eyes. No, snap out of it.
"Benedict, may I speak to you for a moment?" Grace requested, stepping off to the side.
"Of course," he nodded, strolling to her side.
In a soft voice, Grace spoke, "Thank you for doing this again, I really needed this breather."
"No need to thank me, and I must apologize for my brother. He is clearly a fool and is unaware of what he is missing."
Grace glanced at the gravel between her feet, "He told you?"
Benedict sighed, "After seeing him pace back and forth like a madman, yes. How are you doing?" he spoke quietly, putting a hand on Grace's shoulder.
"I'm fine. We did not make it public, so we are both kept from ruin."
"Maybe it's for the best. I mean, there are other Bridgerton men," he laughed.
Grace gasped, "BENEDICT!" hitting him in the shoulder, causing him to laugh and hold his arm in "pain".
"Hey! That hurt,"
"Oh please, says the man that was too scared to ride your horse alone at night, and the only thing that is hurt is your ego," Grace chuckled.
"We were 8! Forbidden from seeing each other, I lost my best friend and was terrified of her father. What do you expect?" Benedict defended.
"To be better at sneaking out," she laughed.
"Then you should have seen me in our teenage years,"
"Then there was me, being locked up, like Rapunzel," Grace sighed.
"Rapunzel?" Benedict questions.
"The children's tale that came out in 1790 but was made into a fairytale by the Grimms last year," Grace smiled.
"You read too much, like El," rolling his eyes.
"Probably why we get along so well," Grace grinned, "Have you even read a book Mr. Bridgerton?"
"Yes, I have, in university,"
"WE GET IT, YOU READ, AND BENEDICT DOESN'T. CAN WE GO NOW?" James yelled, getting impatient.
"Guess that's our cue," Grace laughed, "We'll meet back up here quarter to five and make sure something on his suit is a golden yellow,"
"Sounds good," Benedict smiled as they both walked closer to the twins.
"You both ready?"
"We haven't been standing here for nothing, now let's go," Ashlynn spoke, grabbing Grace's hand and dragging her into the modiste.