eight

"How is it?" Bokuto asked Katana after she tasted some of the meat.

She hummed and nodded. "It's good."

"Yeah right," he said with a bright expression. Katana slightly smiled at him as he turned to his plate.

"Hey, one question," Katana said and he looked up and nodded, his golden eyes wide. "I've been wondering since we've met. How much hair gel do you use everyday?"

"Well," Bokuto started and scratched the back of neck, "It has to last the whole day and also through practice." He shrugged slightly.

Katana smiled with an amused glint in her eyes. "So do you like get up early just to do your hair?" She leaned back and crossed her arms.

The tip of his ears turned red as he nodded. "That's cute," she said, "But honestly I wouldn't and don't have the nerves to get up early just to style my hair or do my make-up." Not only that, but she also hated the cosmetic product passionately.

"You don't?" He asked and leaned forward to look closer at her freckled face. She cleared her throat and leaned back slightly, avoiding to look at him.

"That's cool," he told her with a small smile and poked her cheek with his finger briefly before leaning back. "I thought popular girls need to have make-up on or something."

"They don't have to, necessarily. And not only popular people wear make-up," Katana shrugged her shoulders slightly. "And I'm not popular," she added with an awkward chuckle.

"But you rejected the soccer club's captian!" Bokuto exclaimed and Katana felt heat rising to her face as she tensed and grabbed her glass of water tighter.

How does he know that?

"Well, yeah... that might have happened," she trailed off, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, do you maybe like girls?" he suddenly asked, making Katana snap her head in his direction. That question took her off guard.

"What makes you think that?" she asked, her back straightening.

"Well, you reject the soccer club's captain and you're not interested in me. You've also never shown any interest in any other male being." Bokuto shrugged slightly but his eyes never left the girl as he waited for her answer.

"I tried to like girls when I was younger but no, I'm straight," she told him and he knitted his eyebrows.

"You tried to?" he asked, his mouth slightly agape as he eyed the girl whose face hardened slightly.

She nodded and folded her hands in her lap. "Yeah, my mom would have flipped so I tried to do that just to get on her nerves but it didn't work."

"You really don't like your parents, do you?" he said eying her. She forced a smile on her face and nodded.

"Yeah, I don't."

They were consumed by silence and Bokuto could tell that everytime her parents came up, her mood changed even though she tried to cover it up by waving it off as nothing and smiling. Which she was good at but there was still that slight scowl on her face that wouldn't leave.

"Well, anyway-"

Bokuto was interrupted by a few screeching girls. "Bokuto-san!" "Bokuto-san's here!" "Oh my god! Where?!"

Katana immediately straightened up in her seat and watched the group of about six girls run up to their table. Bokuto froze with a slighlty open mouth, his eyes focused on Katana, not wanting to look at the girls in hope they would leave if they didn't get any attention.