fourteen

"Kata-chan!"

Katana stopped when her boyfriend's voice reached her ears. She was on campus and on her way home as she had no classes for the rest of the day and volleyball practice had just ended. She turned around and came face to face with Bokuto's happy face. How can he be so happy all the time?

She ignored all the envious and hostile looks she earned once again and raised her eyebrows at Bokuto. "I thought you wanted to practice a bit more with Akaashi." Katana had told him that she would go home and wouldn't watch him and Akaashi practice alone some more.

He nodded and caught his breath from running after her. "Yeah but I forgot to ask you something. There's a practice match and I wanted to ask if you want to come as well."

She nodded and rolled her eyes. "Dummy, of course I'll come. I'm your girlfriend after all."

His mouth formed a circle and he nodded, pink dusting his cheeks. "Yeah right," he mumbled and scratched the back of his neck. Before he could add something, Katana's phone rang.

She pulled it out and as soon as she saw the caller ID, she frowned. Bokuto who caught a glimpse of her phone took a step back and forced a smile on his face. "I'll get back to practice then."

She nodded not looking away from her phone and as soon as he was out of ear's reach, she answered the phone and started to walk home.

"Katana." The strict and arrogant voice of her mother, Masae, rang through the phone. "We expect you home on Friday."

Katana rolled her eyes. "I'm fine thanks for asking," she mumbled under her breath.

"What was that?" Masae asked as she didn't understand her daughter. "Buy a new phone if yours is broken. It's over two years old anyway."

"Yes mother," she said louder this time.

"Your brothers will be joining us for dinner on Saturday. Sato-san will pick you up at Friday at 5 pm sharp."

Sighing, she lowered her head and shook it slightly. Her mother had always been like this; arrogant and really into your business. Everything had to go as she wanted it to.

"Okay," Katana finally said and clenched her teeth. She had no intention of going home on any occasion but she couldn't refuse or her mother would be furious and that was something the girl tried to avoid.

"I expect you on your best behaviour Katana," her mother said before hanging up without saying goodbye.

"Yeah, goodbye to you too," she mockingly said before angrily putting her phone into her pocket, continuing her way home.

~~~~~

"Morita-san!" Hinata exclaimed with a bright smile and waved at her.

She lightly smiled and made her way to their table in the cafeteria. She found it amusing that they always sat at the same table and always met up there. Everyone in college already knew about this table and its usual visitors.

"Hey Shoyo." She returned the smile and sat in her usual seat between Bokuto and Akaashi.

"Do you want to go to the cinema with me tomorrow?" he asked with a pout and big eyes. "The others don't want to go with me."

Her eyes softened as she slightly tilted her head to the side. "I'm sorry babe, I'm not here this weekend. But we can go next Saturday if you want to."

Hinata nodded eagerly while Bokuto gasped and looked at his girlfriend. "But it's your birthday tomorrow. Where could you possibly be?!"