twenty-three

"Do we really have to do this?" Bokuto whined through the phone.

Katana pressed her lips together and sat on her bed. She also wasn't too fond of the idea of having dinner with Tooru and Bokuto. The setter had told her just minutes ago that he wanted to check if Bokuto was worthy of her; he didn't want her "to waste her time on some jerk" and ignored the fact that Bokuto was his teammate.

She heaved a sigh and ran a hand through her black hair. "I don't want to do this either but you know how Tooru is."

Bokuto huffed and nodded, despite her not being able to see him. "I know," he grumbled and rolled his eyes. The ace had actually been happy about Tooru's return but somehow his happiness turned into annoyance once the setter started to take up most of Katana's free time. Even if Bokuto wanted to distance himself from her because of his feelings anyway, he still wanted to spend time with her. And Tooru got in his way.

Katana smiled and stood up from her bed, looking out the window. "Great, then I'll see you later." She was happy that she could see him again, outside of college for once. Somehow, she had missed Bokuto coming over spontaneously and spending time with him alone. She wouldn't be able to be alone with him this evening but still looked forward to him coming over.

They ended the call, making Katana get back into the living room with a small smile. "He's coming," she said and plopped down beside Tooru who was wrapped up in a blanket while watching TV.

The setter hummed and nodded, not being able to look away from the volleyball match. He put part of the blanket over her as well, completely focused on the TV. While Katana covered herself with the blanket, she shuffled closer to Tooru. Just when she turned to him, he threw his hands in the air with a groan before grabbing his hair, looking at the TV with a frustrated expression. He didn't even notice that he had hit Katana in the face until she let out a groan and rubbed her cheek and nose. His head snapped to her, concern flashing in eyes. "Oh my," he said and pulled her hand away from her face to take a look at it, "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

Katana nodded and slapped his hand away from her face. "Yeah, I'm fine." She looked at him and pressed her lips together. "Though I would appreciate it if you didn't always hit me when your favourite team loses."

He gasped dramatically and put a hand on his side. "Excuse me miss. I wouldn't hit you accidentally if you didn't always sit so close to me."

Katana narrowed her eyes. "So it's my fault now?"

Oikawa shrugged before getting off the couch. "Yeah, it kinda is," he said before throwing the blanket at her with a smirk, covering her whole body and head.

With a pout she pulled the blanket off her face. Her eyebrows shot up when he grabbed his jacket. "You're leaving?"

Oikawa's shoulders tensed briefly but he covered it up by shooting her a big fake smile over his shoulder. "I have something to do. I'll be back real quick." Putting on his jacket, he turned to her. "I would love to help you cook but I have a feeling that you'll throw me out again."

Katana got off the couch as well and eyed him carefully. He was hiding something from her and she immediately saw through his fake smile; perks of having him known since he was little. She shrugged it off, an amused expression covering her face. "I love you but you really suck at cooking." She shook her head with a smile when he gasped. "Idiot, now go."

He smiled and gave her a head pat. "See you later," he said before disappearing through the front door.

What is he up to again? She sighed and shook her head, a bad feeling growing in her stomach. Dismissing the bad feeling, she got into the kitchen, thinking about what to cook for dinner. A smile grew on her lips and she put her hands on her sides. "Pasta will do."