22

Just as she was about to press the button, something in the air shifted.

Drea turned around slowly. She hoped that it was just her worrisome tendencies.

But when her glossy eyes met the dark eyes of the person responsible for robbing every ounce of innocence from her, her heart froze.

His beautiful face which Drea has loved for so many years had the darkest look she has ever seen. Darker than the look he's given his worst enemies before killing them.

"Going somewhere?"

"Antonio, I-" I was about to start speaking when he lifted up his hands to silence me

He wasn't even fully inside the garage and my body was shaking in fear.

He walked towards the entrance to the garage and stood there like a statue. His expression was hard to read but it didn't take a genius to know he was very upset.

His body language was indicating that he was furious. His fists were clenched and his face was set in a deep scowl.

I shut my eyes and kept pinching myself in hopes that I would awake from a nightmare.

I have previously had awful nightmares about Antonio, hopefully, this was one of them and I would awaken in my childhood home with the smell of my mother's delicious cinnamon pancakes.

Hopefully, this was all a big nightmare and I was still young carefree Drea and he was still my gentle Ant.

But the closer his eerie footsteps got, the more real this whole situation felt.

My eyes felt heavy as I tried to open them but I just couldn't. I couldn't face the man that is going to kill me the second he gets his hands on me.

"Look at me." He softly said. But I knew that he was beyond calm. I betrayed him.

No one ever betrays Antonio.

Never.

"Drea. Open your fucking eyes." He said in a warning tone.

"I-I can't." My voice quivered and I shook my head. My cheeks were coated with freshly salty tears and the pain in my body that subsided returned like thunder.

"Look at me!" He yelled.

His deep and demanding voice echoed in the garage. The sound of his voice could kill.

Just three words he said and I felt like he just cursed me with death.

That's just the amount of authority he had. And I was stupid enough to think I could leave him.

"I won't ask you again." He bellowed.

It pained me to open my eyes but I knew better than to disobey him.