34

Antonio unfolded her arms, grabbed one of them, and laid a longing kiss on her forearm.

"That wasn't the right word, angel, I am sorry. And I am sorry for not acting in a way you deemed acceptable at that moment. However, I am not sorry for acting the way I did. In that moment I saw it fit that Sam needed his face pummeled in," Drea winced at his words but still gave him her full attention. "There are certain things that a man of my bloodline and status has to do for his woman. And displaying his.. dominion.. over her is in his nature. Nate had triggered me. I mean, even if he were next to you I would have still had the desire to kill him, but touching, especially something as intimate as a hug, pissed me the fuck off. I don't care what the hell he likes, I don't want him or any man to push that boundary of mine. Blake just happened to fucking do it."

"Chris."

Antonio furrowed his brows at his girl, "Huh?"

"His name is Chris."

Antonio grinned and pulled Drea down onto his lap. Her heavenly laughs graced his ears.

"You know what I mean." Antonio chuckled.

"Do I?" Drea questioned with a humorous glint in her eyes.

Antonio buried his head in her neck and held her waist close to him.

For the first time, he was open with his Drea and she seemed to have taken it very well. She didn't seem to take the "kill" seriously as she probably assumed he was joking. Hopefully, when things progress in their relationship and Antonio actually ends up killing the people that are even looking at her, whether male or female, she will understand.

"Now if I was a pretty girl and I had a rich husband you wouldn't catch me running from my husband

"Now if I was a pretty girl and I had a rich husband you wouldn't catch me running from my husband. Especially if he looked like that." Thelma, one of the ex-prostitutes declared to her friend who also happened to be an ex-prostitute.

"Amen to that. If I had found me a man like that I probably wouldn't be here now." Cathleen replied.

My ears perked up at their conversation as they shared a mattress close to mine. That eerily sounded like my storyline, I wonder what they were actually talking about.

I lowered my book slightly to examine their mannerisms.

"I mean it's all over the news. 'Wife with mental disorders randomly walks out and never returns' he didn't put a picture up but he left a very hearty description." Thelma continued.

Jesus Christ that was hitting too close to home.

I cleared my throat and spoke up, "Excuse me for eavesdropping but what are y'all talking about?" My voice came out way more meek than anticipated. They both looked at me like I was some frail mouse.