37

I ignored the commotion however and walked past the gates of the estate I had spent a week trying to get to.

The workers of the estate looked at me like I was a dead woman walking.

Like they had just seen a ghost.

However, they didn't stop me.

They just watched.

Jeez, this place is huge, I thought to myself.

I had traveled up the killer steps of this mansion until I had reached the front door.

Hopefully, the person behind it could help me.

I took a large inhale and curled my fists together. I lifted one of them and raised it towards the pristine doors.

Just as I was about to place my fist on it to knock, he pulled the door open.

Antonio stood on the other end.

The second Drea's mind had registered just exactly what she had led herself back into, she dropped her bags and jumped onto Antonio

There were adamant concerns about when her high wears off and what's in store for her for what she had done.

Even mentioning the idea of leaving Antonio had him completely unhinged, actually doing it had to have triggered him deeply.

The instant his eyes met hers she believed that she had caught Antonio Ricci off guard for the first time.

His eyes held a look she had never ever seen before. His eyes weren't set out into his everyday glare, and he didn't look as angry as Drea had expected.

She didn't even really give him time to take anything in before she was already on him like a magnet to a refrigerator.

Antonio had been taken aback by this action and for a split second, he thought Drea was trying to attack him.

But rather instead she was hugging him which was what he had least expected.

He has least expected all of this.

Her willingness to return to him, the genuine love he felt from her, her bone-crushing hug.

All of it was never anticipated.

But that was his tesoro, completely erratic and unpredictable more than he gives her credit for.

Maybe even a little crazy.

Having time without his woman he wondered if she loved him at all. He knew that he loved her just as much as he thought she loved him.

But her ability to leave so ruthlessly and disregard his emotions made him question if there was ever love at all.