33

Changing every single thing about myself was not an ideal situation. It would take a lot of time and most importantly, money, to afford such an underground thing.

And it is surely mentally altering to change the course of your whole life in fear of being found out.

I wouldn't even know who to go to or who to trust in a situation like that.

And I especially wouldn't want to change all the traits that I've been so used to.

Being referred to by a name other than Drea would surely be something peculiar and I didn't have any ideas either.

But that was just the cost of doing something as bold as I had done.

So to answer my own question, "What the hell am I going to do?"

I am going to die.

And I will be reborn as something not even Antonio could identify me as.

It has been two weeks since I arrived in a new town.

After playing Tarzan for god knows how long and rustling around in the forest like a nomad, the sights of civilization brought me to a new destination.

I'm assuming I was still somewhere in the South but it was less alarming than the last town I stayed in so far. The people were more independent and minded their busy and that was just as I needed. 

I knew how far Antonio's power extended. I was no fool of the darkness he harbored and the lengths he would go to to get exactly what he wanted.

No matter where I stayed, I was not safe. Antonio could very well know exactly where I am at all times and just be messing with me psychologically to make me believe that I am free.

However, I know my sick husband. As much as he loves a sick game, I'm sure he wouldn't be patient enough to allow me all this time to myself without striking. That's how I know I am 100 percent safe from him for now.

Key word; for now.

If he knew my whereabouts I'd be on a private jet back to my impending doom. As much as I hoped to convince myself that would never be my fate, I had an inkling that this wouldn't last.

And that feeling alone scared me almost as much as Antonio.

I had found myself in a shelter home. It just felt more comforting to be engulfed in a tight space with so many diverse people than to live alone in a motel. And I very much could not afford the expenses or the possible negative experiences anyway.

And it was going to be much more difficult for anyone to discover me if I was staying in a shelter home. There are too many faces to see to be able to identify mine.