25

"And I still think of you, and the promise we made, that we'd never part"

He tipped his sunglasses down and looked right at me. He sent a wink my way and I immediately dropped my head to the ground in hopes that he didn't see me.

But I knew I was in denial. He saw me and he was coming for me.

Antonio then pulled out his gun from his waistband and knocked on the bus door tauntingly with his weapon.

The men behind him followed suit as they all pulled out their guns and cocked them. The cars that were once stationed around the exit circled around the bus trapping us in. I watched in horror as each car door opened and revealed armed men that were trained to taint the city with blood just at my wicked husband's command.

And just like that, I was back in his claws.

And the only way I was getting out was in a body bag.

His knocking intensified. His patience was growing thin and I could tell that if he wasn't let inside of the bus he would break it down.

He knocked his pistol on the door of the bus quickly and roughly. Almost as if he was imagining my head being the door.

I couldn't see him but I could envision what he looked like. His usually clean and kept hair was wild and loose.

I knew a frown was set on his face like always, it was simply his resting face but it wouldn't be out of character for him to frown at another crazy act I've pulled once again.

What was in my line of vision was the floor, the bus driver's brown combat boots, and the bottoms of the bus chairs that were withering away.

But the image of Antonio and his men could not leave my mind.

Antonio looked more disheveled than he ever has and his men and business associates looked like they were ready to rip apart the skin of the Earth to return me to Antonio.

His men looked like they were in a trance. Antonio just needed to utter a single word and the animalistic killers inside of them would unleash ruthlessly.

Although Antonio appeared to be growing more impatient with the stalling of the bus driver, the bus driver didn't seem bothered at all. Rather lost.

My eyes never left him. He looked just as confused as me but this could not just be a conjunction.

This man had to have betrayed me. You can't trust anybody, especially simple-looking men like him, they always turned out to be the most corrupt.

I watched as he turned back around eyes searching for me.