28

Are they seriously screwed in the head or is that just old people's humor?

Although it was most likely the latter, the small ounce of safety I felt dwindled away and I was starting to become skeptical of the owners of this hotel.

If I ever truly felt safe before, I surely don't now.

Being confined in this disturbing motel is doing more harm to me mentally than I would have anticipated

The creepy old couple that I now know as Norma and Donald has managed to make me formulate many conspiracies regarding their behavior.

Conspiracy No. 1: They must have some sort of connection to Antonio.

At first, I didn't want to believe it and the theory really has no evidence to back it up. But their odd fascination with stalking me cannot possibly be a coincidence.

This conspiracy isn't affecting me too much because there's a ninety percent chance all of my "evidence" is tomfoolery. If they did know Antonio I'm sure I would be in his clutches by now.

Antonio loves a good game of cat and mouse but he'll never let it get this far. He's far too obsessed to allow me to live on my own without him dictating all of my choices and whereabouts.

If he did somehow know these people there is no way in hell he is aware of where I am but still not making any attempts to kidnap me back into his captivity that he considers marriage.

My second conspiracy however was more convincing and reasonable.

Conspiracy No. 2: I'm just a traumatized girl with trust issues.

If the person who promised to love you and never hurt you did the exact opposite of that in the most brutal way, trusting other people would be pretty complicated.

I know the behavior of this couple is shady but they could just have dementia or other diseases that come along with old age.

Why would an old couple want to terrorize me? There's no way two people that are living fossils can hurt me in any way.

I was worrying too much about this sweet couple that probably is just a little more smiley than others.

Malicious intent behind their actions is a very rare possibility and putting that thought in my mind was doing more harm than good.

There's not any evidence as to why I should fear them.

Yes, they did stand outside my door smiling for a while, and as creepy as that sounds they didn't do anything to hurt me. Smiling isn't a crime.