Chapter 33

It didn't take long till they've drifted off to sleep. They lay on the bed, in each other's arms, locked on deep slumber. But when the clock struck 6 and Matthew's watch started to beep, he knew he had to go and head for work. As gently as he can, he rose from the pillows. He slowly slipped his arm off Feather's body. But as he attempted to crawl off the mattress, Feather stirred.

"Matt?" she yawned, lifting her head. "Where are you going?"
"Shhh," he coed, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear, "I have to go to work, babe. Go back to sleep and I'll see you tomorrow."
"You promise?" she pouted.
Matthew chuckled. "I promise. You know I always come?"
She smirked. "That depends on what you mean..." she pushed up and stood on her knees in front of him. Keeping her grin, she wrapped her arms around Matthew's neck. ""Come" as in, sexually or through the door? Because if it's the first one, then-" she savored her lips on Matthew's, kissing him with much need. "we can conclude that soon."
Matthew sighed on her lips as his hand gently lingered up her thighs to her tight waist. The kiss started to deepen, but he pulled his lips away but keeping their foreheads together.
"I have to go." He whispered.
She shook her head. "No, no..." she locked her lips on his again.
"I'm sorry." This time he pulled away completely. She sighed, giving up. "I have to work. But I promise, I'll be back tomorrow after my shift at the bookstore."
She lay back down to the mattress. "Wow, first you find my dad and now you're choosing work over sex." She ran a hand through her messy hair. "I must be a damn good slut! You're right back to your responsible self."
Matthew chuckled. "Okay, since I'm getting you out of here, you have got to stop calling yourself that." He leaned down to her and kissed her forehead before turning to leave.
"Oh, but wait!" she sat up. "I haven't told you my good news!"
Matthew turned around and smiled. "Tell you what? Why don't you hold it off till tomorrow so I'll have something to look forward to? That way, I'll get here faster."

The next day, in the sizzling afternoon, Matthew walked into their usual room to find Feather no where to be found. Confused, he decided to check with the desk. But Pacifica wasn't there either.
"Hello?" he started to call, searching for anyone who could come to his aid.
On cue, a tall brunette came out of the hallway near the front desk. Matthew recognized her as the girl he saw Feather make out with a few months ago when he was still new.
"May I help you?" she smirked, thinking he was just another client.
"Where's Feather?" he asked.
Her smile faded. "I don't think I can say, sir. I'm sorry." She started to move back into the hall, but Matthew caught her hand before she can leave.
"Miss, please." He begged. "I know you're good friends with Feather, so I bet you know who I am. Where is she?"
She licked her lips. "You're Matthew..." she said. He nodded. "I'm Vanessa. Patricia-Tricia took her to the dark room a few hours ago."
"The dark room? What's that?" he asked, knowing that "the dark room" was room for camera film.
Vanessa's expression became bleaker. "It's where HE resides. Where HE gets HIS pleasure. Where HE takes ever girl in this house as HIS own."
"I don't understand." Matthew shook his head.

Feather woke up on an unfamiliar bed, feeling the cool touch of the air-conditioning hit her fragile body. It was only then did she realise she was completely naked. The hair on her skin was erect as were her nipples. She grew to have goose bumps. She looked around and found that the entire room was dark except for a small light coming in from the small window. She's never been in here before and started to wonder where she was.
"Hello?" she called out, wrapping her arms around her naked self.
"Hello, Feather," a teasing voice came from a side. "I've been waiting for you to wake."
A face was revealed through the darkness. He was handsome, yes, but his eyes were full of evil intentions of lust and hurt, and secrecy.
"It's also about time we've met." He sat on the edge of the bed, near Feather. He ran a hand up her bare thigh and stroked.
It was then Feather knew that something really bad was about to happen. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't find the voice to do so.