Chapter 2

The sun's heat was beating down on Matthew's skin like a wave. Little sweat droplets slipped down his head as he stood in front of The Red House. It stood in the middle of the desert on the way to Vegas. It looked more a like a warehouse than a house. It was long and vertical, looked like it was made of metal. It wasn't red. There wasn't any color on it, really. It was just the basic color of metal-kind of rusted. On top of the built in door, were the neon lights that read, "Red House". It wasn't on right now. It was only 9 am.

Matthew didn't really know why he was there. When he told Adrian he'd check it out, he barely meant it. But when the morning came on him that day, he had the urge to get out of his house all of a sudden, go somewhere. He dug up the card that Adrian gave him from the trash, got into his car and drove away.

Maybe he was bored and decided that maybe it was time to move on. Adrian did swear that going into the house would help. Of course, Adrian would say that it would help. It involves sex, lots of sex. Maybe having sex with a random girl would help. Unless Erin's face comes into his mind and he moans and screams out her name.
It was settled, he really needed to get over her.

When Matthew stepped inside, the mixed smell of cigarettes and booze filled his nostrils. The place looked like a bar. It was lit by a red light. Everywhere there was velvet couches positioned in front of poles on a stage. Men sat on those velvet couches, either making out with their girl, watching their girl pole dance, or have their girl give them a lap dance. It was like a strip club. But at the end of the room, Matthew spotted a stair case going down stairs to the ground. That must be where all the sex happens.

"Hey, doll-face?" someone called.
Matthew turned to his right and saw a girl with blonde hair standing behind a desk. Impressive, they have a front desk. The girl had tan skin and plain eyes. She had tattoos in chosen spots of her body. But the most obvious were the two on her wrists. Matthew couldn't help but noticed that she had her bra effortlessly shown-off along with her cleavage. She had a good rack.
"I can tell that you're new." her raspy voice laughed. "Can I help you, sweetheart?" She asked.
Matthew nodded, approaching. "Uhm, I think so. My brother, well best friend said I could get over my ex here..."
"Ahh..." she sighed, nodding. "A broken hearted, huh? Well, I'm Patricia, I'm the house mother. And I think I know the girl you need." She swayed her way out of the desk. She motioned her finger at Matthew to follow her. "This way" she smirked.

Matthew followed her through the door near the desk, into a hallway. It wasn't what Matthew would have expected from outside. It looked like a hallway for an apartment building.
Doors stood side-by-side with an equal amount of space between them, on the walls. Each door had a name sign stuck on to it.

"You're lucky she's free." Patricia said. "She's one of the best, at the same time, she can be your friend. One of the few who would actually care about you, actually."
Matthew didn't understand what Patricia was saying. He just continued to follow along her stilettoed steps down the hall.

They stopped by a door with the name "Feather" stuck on to it. Patricia knocked.
"Feath, I got a new one for you." She said. "And he's good looking too." She flashed Matthew a wink.
"Hold on!" the girl at the other side called.
The sound a few locks being unlocked were heard before the door finally opened.
Matthew's jaw just simply dropped.