Chapter 16

Matthew stepped away from Feather in a short distance as her words sunk in. His eyes were widened and his jaw was dropped.

"W-wh-what? What?" he stuttered.

Feather winced at his reaction. It was just what she had expected.

"You killed your brother!?" Matthew repeated.

"Sort of..." she shrugged.

"Sort of?" he echoed. He pressed his palms over his eyes and took them off again. "Okay, can you please explain? Like, start from the very, very beginning. You say it's complicated, uncomplicate it."

She clicked her lips together. She took a step closer to Matthew and lingered her fingers over his jean's zipped. "Or, you can get in me again..." she teased, tracing her other set of fingers over Matt's bare chest. She was manipulating him with sexuality. She started kissing neck, breathing on his hot skin, hoping he'd play along.

As Matthew's breathing started to heaven , she knew it was working. He was turned on.

But a grip on Feather's waist took her off, pushing her off of him.

"Feather, stop it." Matthew ordered, pushing her down to the bed. "Why can't you just be honest with me? Now, did you kill your brother or not."

Feather sighed. She slouched her posture and gave in to Matthew's demands.

Feather still remembered the day as if it were yesterday. It was a foul memory, but it never left her mind. It was her birthday and her older brother, Zac, wanted to take her out. They had a fun night: ate dinner, played at the arcade, saw a movie-it was the best time they've ever had together. It wasn't until they headed home did things get bad. Zac's death was HER fault.

Flashback.

They were still on the road home at 1:30 in the morning. Zac was on the wheel and Feather was resting her head on her palm, her elbow resting on the door. Their windows were open since Feather's nostrils started to burn due to the chilly breeze of the air condition.

"Oh, I almost forgot to give you your present." He suddenly said.

"Zac..." Feather whined, "you didn't have to get me anything. And besides, it's almost two in the morning, technically, my birthday's over."

Zac rolled his eyes forgetting his sister's quirk. "Just get it. It's underneath your seat."

Feather reached below and was able to grab a paper bag. She looked at Zac who only gave her a sneaky smile.

She put her hand in and pulled out the white dress she wanted from her favorite store but she couldn't afford.

"Zac!" Feather gasped. "No way! This-this is too much! I can't accept this." She said, remembering the price.

"Oh, come on." Zac said, keeping his eyes on the road. "I know how much you wanted it. So, here you go. Happy Birthday, baby sister."

"Zac, this is too expensive." She argued.

"Dude, just shut up and accept the damn dress and tell me you love me and I'm the best big brother ever." He frowned.

Feather opened her mouth to argue, but she knew it would not do her any good. She replaced her scowl with a grateful smile and leaned over to Zac and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you; it's just what I wanted. I love you. You're the best big brother ever."

Zac smiled, proud of himself.

A red sports car came purring beside them, Usher music blasting through its speakers. A built man with long blond hair was at the wheel. He was a surfer, judging by his tan. He steadied his pace beside Zac's Volvo and gave a look at Feather.

"Hey, gorgeous" he called at Feather with a smirk, "wanna take a ride in a real car?"

Feather rolled her eyes and ignored the guy, following Zac's example: keeping her eyes on the road. From the corner of her eye, she could see Zac's grip on the wheel. She put a hand on top of his on the stick.

"Ah" the guy laughed, "playing hard to get, huh? That just makes you hotter." Zac scowled deeper. "And here I thought it was just your body that was attractive. I mean, I can see your breasts from here, sweetheart. How would you like if I licked them?"

"HEY!" Zac bellowed, having hearing enough insult thrown at his sister. "That's enough you dick-shit! Shut the fuck up and pick on someone your own age!"

Feather tried to hold Zac down, but he ignored her.

"Make me, daddy's boy!" the blond shrugged, "Judging by that car, your dad's not going anywhere. But your girl can always ride me instead of that piece of shit."

"That's enough, you jackass!" Zac yelled.

"Zac..." Feather called. But she was ignored.

"You better shut the fuck up, before I do it for you!"

"Zac!" she called, tapping his shoulder.

"What?!" Zac finally turned to her.

She pointed at her front vantage, "TRUCK!"

"OH SHIT!" Zac swerved the wheel turning the car.

{Sorry if this is boring but the story needs some background too.}