Chapter 36

Taylor was practically holding on to her 9 month old pregnant belly as she heard the horror story from a police officer. She didn't want to believe it but Matthew was there as back up. He proved the tale. She looked around and she was surrounded by voluptuous women in skanky outfits. They all looked relieved and happy, as if they've been waiting for this day their whole life. The blonde's blue eyes started to sparkle with tears. As mush as she didn't want to believe that her husband was a proud owner of a sex house and was a sex addict himself was possibly one of the worst wake up calls she ever got. She felt disgusted with herself.

She turned to the side after the officer explained everything to her. She found her brother in law, Matthew, holding on to a girl in a white dress. He was hugging her as if he was trying to assure her of something. As Taylor learned, the girl Matthew was holding was Adrian's almost next victim... and Matthew's girlfriend. They haven't been properly introduced but the girl seemed to be like every other girl in the room-relieved and overwhelmed with a dream come true.
With her hands still around her belly, she approached Matthew.

*****

"I'm in love with you," a young Taylor murmured softly, brushing her lips against Adrian's. She wraps her small, muscular arms around his neck. "God help you and me both, but I am so damn in love with you."

Taylor had taken hold of Adrian's face, breaking their kiss and forcing him away. Then their eyes met, and that sacred, beautiful stillness descended upon them again. Over their moment, over their joining. It's as if all separation or the possibility of it vanished, and even though he was yet not inside her-even though her whole body was trembling-they were one. They were already one.

*****

Taylor cleared her throat, breaking up the special hug that was happening between Matthew and Feather.
"Taylor," Matthew recognized, keeping his fingers intertwined with Feather's. "Um, this is Feather, my girlfriend." He gestured to her. "She's also carrying my child."
Taylor gape slightly. "Congratulations." she gently whispered. She went to Feather and gave her a friendly hug.

When she released her, she saw Adrian seated on the bed at the corner of her eye. She turned for a full view. An officer was reading him his rights. What surprised Taylor: she didn't see her husband anymore, the man she loved. Instead, she saw a man who ruined a number of girls' lives. A man who imprisoned women in a house to be his personal sex slaves. Who was this man? Where was her husband?

Taylor stared at Feather. The girl was absolutely stunning. Long dark copper hair, caramel skin and chocolate eyes.
"I guess you're the feather that got away from the hawk, huh? Free like a bird." Taylor said.
Feather just gave her a half smile and small shrug, not knowing what else she could possibly say in such a situation.

Taylor turned back to Matthew.
"Can you give Adrian a message for me please?"
Matthew nodded.

Matthew walked over to the officer who was guarding Adrian and asked if he could have a moment with him. The officer obliged giving them space.
Matthew took the chair from the desk and sat down in front of Adrian.
"I'm so sorry, Matthew." Adrian spoke first. His voice was soft and shy, as if he had finally understood the impact of what he'd done.
Matthew shook his head. "I'm not the one you owe the apology to."
Adrian sighed. "What are they gonna do to me?" He finally looked up at his almost brother.
"You're going to jail, Adrian." Matthew informed. He watched as Adrian swallowed in shame. "You're gonna be jailed for 8-10 years, whilst attending therapy and rehabilitation."
Adrian heard some scuffling at the far back. He turned and saw that it was Taylor grabbing her bag and jacket. She caught his eye but she just looked away.
"What's gonna happen to my family?" he asked.
Matthew didn't know how to answer.
"What's gonna happen to my baby?" he added.
"You're asking yourself all these questions now? Where was all this years ago?" Matthew frowned.
"I want to talk to Taylor." Adrian demanded.
"She doesn't want to talk to you. That's why she sent me. She wanted me to tell you something." Matthew licked his lips. "She told me that she can't look at you anymore. She doesn't know who you are. But she doesn't want you to worry about her. She'll be keeping close contact with me. She wishes you the best." Adrian didn't seem satisfied with the statement. And the next words from Matthew's mouth smashed Adrian's heart into pieces.

"Don't worry, I'll be your baby's father whenever she/he needs one."