Chapter 11

Matthew was very confused by Feather's sudden swing in mood. How her face hardened when he asked her out was a mystery as well. Not to mention how she completely changed the subject on him to point out that he was jobless. Well, he was jobless, to be honest. But Feather had no right to point that out.

But he can't help but feel even a bit of anger. He was enraged by her difficulty. She was a puzzle. He knew she already had secrets that she refused to confess, but this was the epitome. Who the fuck is she to point out that he was jobless? She said it herself, she was his slave. She was nothing more but a whore for Matthew's pleasure; a tool to get rid of his tension and anger in the world. She was his belonging.

But in all sincerity.

Feather was more than just a slut to him. She was his friend, his confidant. He hasn't had one of those this a long time. Feather meant something to him. Sure, the way he confides her in is through sex, but she still listens to him and, well, since Erin, he's never had that kind of connection with anyone.

But if there was one thing that did make sense about what Feather babbled about: he did need a job. It's been almost two months and he was living on nothing but savings that can't last forever, let's face it. He needed to re-stable himself.

~

It's been a week since he's last seen Feather or been inside The Red House-money down the drain for that two weeks he's paid for since refunds don't apply at The House. Through the week, he has found himself a job as an attendant at a local bookstore and a musician at the new restaurant down town. He felt achieved.

It was a Monday when he finally retraced his steps back on to the warehouse in the deserts. Nothing's changed and he wanted to console Feather and finally set things straight... and maybe, ask her out again.

The reason Matthew wanted to ask Feather out wasn't for any malice or because he wanted to gain a relationship. No, not really. He really wanted to get to know Feather in a casual way; in a non-sexual way. He wanted them to be real friends who can hang out and have fun. He wanted to see the non-sensual Feather.

When Matthew entered The House, he took in the familiar sight that he realized he missed. He took off his sunglasses and took a peak in to the main room to see if Feather was there entertaining a new client or making out with anyone. But he didn't see her.

"Sweetheart, you're back!" someone greeted.
Matthew took to the front desk where Patricia still stood proud. Her outfit looked extra risqué today.

"Hey, Patricia." Matthew greeted, coming closer. "Have you seen Feather?"
"Feather?" she repeated. "Umm, she's in your room."
"Really?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah" she nodded. "She's been in there since you left, babe." She swayed out of her place and offered her hand. "Come on, I'll take you too her." She had a sly smirk on her face that Matthew doubted upon. He knew she had something in mind.
But, pushing aside his second thoughts, he took her hand and let her lead him down.

{ Apologies for it being short, I've been unwell recently and I'm exhausted. But I always post an update every 5 or 6 days and I didn't want too let you down. }