Chapter 37

{Warning; Contains explicit celebratory erotica.}

Matthew held on tight to Feather's hand as he clutched her bag with the other. Ricardo had already went ahead to call the car. Matthew went out through the doors first, letting Feather take it all in. She seemed suddenly unsure and overwhelmed. All she's known was The Red House. She doesn't feel like she belongs in the outside world anymore. She has been imprisoned for years and now, she was free. This was what she's always wanted, free like a bird, a feather that's escaped. But then why does she suddenly feel scared?

Maybe she wasn't scared. Maybe she was just stunned by how fast Matthew was able to do it. She was taken a back by the sudden rush of emotions she was getting. She was finally free. To consider, she was actually luckier than the other girls. They were lost, basically. Most of them have been in the house for something long, they have no where to go. They don't even know if they still have someone to come home to. They had no one. But Feather...
Feather had Matthew. She looked at him now and thought that he gave her her life back. He lifted her from the dead. He set her free. Matthew was her life now-her forever.

"Ready?" Matthew asked.
He had already stepped out into the blazing Nevada sun, on to the sandy deserts. He kept his hand on Feather, keeping a promise the he'll never let go.
Feather sighed deeply. She closed her Feather for a moment and nodded.
"Yeah, I'm ready." She smiled.
Gently, Matthew pulled her out into the fresh air. And for the first time in years, Feather has stepped on land. She was officially free with her whole life ahead of her. She and Matthew were gonna have a family. She's been reunited with her father. She was out of hell. Things were just about to get better.

Feather seemed to have fallen asleep on Matthew's shoulder on the car ride home. The ride was silent and still that it calmed Feather to an extent she'd fallen asleep. When she woke up, the car had stopped. She looked around, expecting to see her old home. Instead, they were at a cemetery.
"Dad?" she called, questioning why they were here.
Rick unclipped his belt. "There's someone else who wants to greet you welcome back."

They walked up a small hill, approaching a stone. Matthew and Ricardo let her go first to see why they were really here. Feather went up close to the tomb stone and saw the name.
"Zachary David Alexander Heart." Feather's tears started to pour at the memory of her brother. Under his name and date, he was quoted;

"A son, a brother, a hero."

He saved her life, just as Matthew had. And now, as a return, it was time for her to live it.

--

Ricardo left Matthew and Feather in their house, saying that he needed to attend to some questions about Adrian at the precinct. So, Matthew and Feather had the big house to themselves. With all the possible activities, they chose to stay in one of the four vacant rooms and did what they loved to do best.

Feather lay wrapped in Matthew's arms, finally feeling at ease. Her dress was draped perfectly over her legs as it tangled with Matthew's. Matthew kept their bodies closer, keeping his strong arms steady on his hold of her. As they simply held each other, they knew this was how they were supposed to live their life-- together.

Matthew inhaled the scent of her hair as he planted a kiss on her head.
Feather sighed, running her hands around his stomach down to his waist.
"Don't you have work today?" Feather teased, looking up at his handsome face.
Matthew cocked. "Really? You want me to leave you now?"
Feather laughed. "I'm kidding!" she wrapped her arms around him tighter. "I don't want this to end."
"It will never end." Matthew assured, sweeping some of Feather's hair off her face. She looked up at him again. "Besides..." His hand trailed down to her stomach and gently started rubbing it in circles. "...it's just the beginning."