4

Rachel smiled as she walked into McKinley High and to her locker to meet up with Quinn. She wasn't sure why she felt so excited however she didn't question it her smile growing even bigger when she spotted the blonde at her locker. 

"Good Morning Quinn !" She said with a beaming smile. 

"Morning Rachel.." the blonde said softly before turning to look at the brunette. 

Rachel noticed Quinn's left eye wasn't open completely "Are you okay Quinn ? Your eye looks swollen " She asked. 

"Oh my desk and I had a very bad disagreement yesterday I was doing my homework and I was so tired that my hand slipped and I face planted onto my desk even had a really bad nose bleed" the blonde said. 

 To Rachel it sounded so...rehearsed not only that but Rachel had seen Quinn doing her homework during their classes yesterday so that couldn't be true at all. 

"Oh well I hope your okay do you need some eye drops ? I have some " the brunette asked,  she could see the nervousness on Quinn's face. 

"Um...no I uh-...I already used some" the hazel eyed girl said stumbling over her words. 

"Well I hope your still on to eat lunch with me Quinn" Rachel said changing the subject. 

"Yea sure I'm still down" Quinn said with a small smile. 

The two girls continued to talk at their lockers until she noticed how tense Quinn looked and that her hands were shaking slightly. That's when something else caught her attention her old "friends" were watching them well actually they were watching Quinn the look in their eyes it looked so evil they looked as if they'd been planning something but what exactly was that ? 

Were they planning to do something to the blonde? 

 The brunette turned back to Quinn and saw the utter fear in her hazel eyes and it made Rachel's heart ache. She grabbed Quinn's hand rubbing her thumb over her palm 

"Hey how abt we go to class ? We can continue our conversation in there" Rachel said softly. 

 Her brown eyes starring into Quinn's green hazel eyes as the blonde nodded and began walking to their first class. The girls walked in silence which caused Rachel to begin thinking again she didn't know what they were planning to do to the blonde but she began to be happy that she had every class with the blonde bc otherwise whatever they were planning would have began by now she looked at Quinn seeing that she'd relaxed a bit more but she also noticed the small limp the blonde had she wanted to ask but she didn't bc something told her the blonde wasn't going to tell the truth. 

Rachel took her seat deciding to sit next to Quinn instead of Kurt, Mercedes and Tina usually she'd sit with them so she wasn't surprised by the shocked looks on their faces when they walked in and saw her sitting and talking with Quinn. 

"Oh and I had a pet fish her name is Dory" Rachel said with a smile. 

"You named your fish Dory ? Like from ' Finding Nemo ' ? " Quinn asked with an amused smile. 

"Yes I did when I was younger I absolutely loved Dory I had a stuffed animal and everything I even knew all her lines in the movie " Rachel told her proudly. 

She could tell Quinn was gonna say something else but then the teacher began talking and all her attention immediately went there although she could feel Quinn playing with her fingers under the table.  

As the class period dragged on Rachel payed less and less attention to the teacher and more attention to Quinn like right now the blonde was drawing on Rachel's hand and Rachel couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked her tongue sticking slightly out of her mouth while she concentrated.