36

A few weeks pass and things go back to normal for the Berry-Fabray clan Lucy started going back to therapy and got back on her eating, LeRory and Frannie go to work regularly every day, Santana sleeps over every weekend and there had been no problems at school which is where they all were right now. LeRory and Frannie were sat in the auditorium while the three girls were in the choir room getting ready for the invitational.

Rachel and Santana watched as Lucy nervously put on her makeup they'd tried to help but it only resulted in the blonde getting even more worked up. Rachel looked out the door and saw Burt passing by quickly she grabbed Santana's hand and ran out into the hallway " Burt ! Burt wait !" Rachel said trying to get the man's attention and smiled thankfully when he stopped " Hello Rachel and Santana what can I help you young ladies with ?" Burt said " Quinn's freaking out...she's a nervous wreck we tried to help but it only made it worse and we don't know what else to do" Santana said looking at the man with pleasing eyes " Let me talk to her" Burt said and walked to the choir room.

Lucy jumped when a hand placed on her shoulder and looking in her mirror she saw Burt " Burt ! What-..what are you doing here ?! In here ?! Omg..." Lucy said quickly standing up and began pacing back and forth until Burt stopped her " Quinn hey stop look at me" he said looking at the the blonde who was hardly even blonde anymore " You've got this...your gonna blow everyone away...I've heard you singing around the shop I know you're incredible...look if you feel nervous when you get out there look for me in the audience okay ? I'll be there watching the entire time I promise" Burt said to the young girl who nodded slowly taking in his words before wrapping him in a hug " Thanks Burt...you...your really like dad to me...and..I love you...dad.." Lucy said as tears welled in her eyes laughing lightly when Burt's eyes also filled with tears. The man had told the blonde that she could call him dad bc to him that's what he was to her but she'd felt uncomfortable doing so " I love you to Quinn...now I want you to go out there and blow the roof off that place" Burt said smiling at the girl. Lucy nodded and waved goodbye as the man left the choir room.

Lucy slowly walked on stage after Sue had announced her solo she saw all her teammates watching from behind the wings none of them knew what her solo was including Santana and Rachel the only one who knew was Sue. Slowly Lucy sat down at the piano and looked out into the crowd searching for Burt and when she saw him she instantly calmed down and began playing.

What would I do
without your smart
mouth

Drawing me in and
you kicking me out

You got my head
spinning, no kidding,
I can't pin you down

What's going on in
that beautiful mind ?

I'm on your magical
mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy,
don't know what hit
me, but I'll be alright

My heads
underwater, but I'm
breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm
out of my mind

Cause all of me
loves all of you

Love your curves
and all your edges

All your perfect
imperfections

Give your all to me,
I'll give my all to you