17

Lucy laid awake in bed as her mind raced she'd been up for 2 hours now unable to fall back asleep her mind was going in all sorts of places but most of all it was fixated on her future...with everything happening with these cases and her living with the Berry family was this all gonna last ? Would she stay with them forever ? If so why'd it scare her ?...she felt more than safe in the Berry home now she knew she could trust everyone of them...the more she thought abt the future and forever the scarier things seemed to get. Lucy glanced over at the clock and saw it was 5 am...normally Rachel would be waking up right now however she was still sleeping...quietly and carefully Lucy slipped out of bed and carefully went downstairs sure she was in pain but she'd felt worse. In order to try to take these things off of her mind she went in the kitchen and made the Berry family breakfast vegan friendly French toast, fresh berries, homemade vegan whipped cream, freshly brewed coffee and Berry muffins . Lucy had expected the cooking to clear her mind however it didn't and it was now 6am..so she walked downstairs to the basement and sat at the piano and began playing and singing ' Forever ' by Brooke Butler.

I think I want to
But I'm scared of commitment
I think I need you
But I'd hate to see us drifting
And you fill my every thought
Sometimes I think you're all I've got
Now I gotta choose
No, don't make the wrong decision
I feel like you and
I loved
In a lost past life
You're taking me so high
Don't look down
Why am I so scared of forever
If I feel so safe tonight ?
You always make me feel better
But the timing just doesn't feel right
Oh my god, yeah
You're my god and
I'm going out of my mind
So why am I so scared of forever ?
Just hold me so I can think right
Take one look at you
I lose all my resistance
When you leave the room
Suddenly I'm second-guessing
I feel like you and
I loved
In a lost past life
You're taking me
So high
Don't look down
Why am I so scared of forever
If I feel so safe tonight ?
You always make me feel better
But the timing just doesn't feel right
Oh my god, yeah
You're my god and
I'm going out of my mind
So why am I so scared of forever ?
Just hold me so I can think right
Oh my god, yeah
You're my god and
I'm going out of my mind
So why am I so scared of forever?
Just hold me so I can think right
Why am I so scared of forever
If I feel so safe tonight ?
You always make me feel better
But the timing just doesn't feel right
Oh my god, yeah
You're my god and
I'm going out of my mind
So why am I so scared of forever ?
Just hold me so I can think right

As Lucy hit the final note on the piano she heard clapping and sniffling behind her which made her panic as she slowly turned around to find the Berry family each one of them crying and smiling " H-how long have you all been here ? " She asked them hesitantly " Long enough to hear that entire song...your voice is beautiful Lucy " LeRory told her and her cheeks flushed a bit at the comment she didn't wanna hear anymore compliments so she changed the subject " I um..I made you all breakfast.." She told them shyly and they all looked at her skeptically and went to the kitchen seeing the food the blonde prepared and they were surprised " Luce...your in pain I know you are how'd you do all of this ? " Rachel asked in disbelief " I've felt worse pain Rae..I'm okay I promise " Lucy told her with a small smile and Rachel could tell she meant it so they all fixed their coffee sat down at the table digging in to the food the hazel eyed girl made they were all so busy eating that no one talked and Lucy preferred that.