13

Lucy and Rachel's suspension was finally up however Rachel wasn't going to school in fact she was gonna stay where she'd been for 4 days now Lucy's hospital room. Rachel sat up in the chair and stretched letting out a small groan as she did and turned to look at Lucy nothing had changed with her condition her heartbeat was still slow her breathing was okay but not to where it needed to be. Rachel let out a small breath and got up grabbing her bag and walking to the bathroom she washed her face and brushed her teeth then she changed into some shorts and a t-shirt. The short brunette walked back into the room and sat down in her chair pulling out a book and began reading.

As time passed nurses and doctors would come in and out of the room to check on Lucy and even check on me as well bringing me vegan friendly foods but this time when the door opened it wasn't a nurse it was her new friend Mike Chang " Hey Mike " she said giving him a small smile " Hey Rachel how are you holding up ? " He asked sitting down beside her and she looked at him " I'm doing okay...better than I was I should say...I'm just really worried for her..." She told him sadly talking abt the stuff with Lucy made her sad she didn't wanna talk abt it anymore " So what's going on at school ? " She asked and he took a breath " A lot had you been at school you'd probably be suspended again " Mike told her and that made Rachel sit up what had been happening whilst she and Lucy weren't there " Why do you say that what happened ? " Rachel asked curiously " Firstly Santana's suspension was lifted way before yours and Lucy's idk how she did it but she was only suspended for two days " Mike told her and that made Rachel upset but she tried not to let it bother her " Sue has taken a great interest in Glee Club lately I'm not apart of the club anymore but I see her in there on more than one occasion " He said Rachel knew exactly why Sue was in there but she wasn't gonna say anything " When Santana came back all hell broke lose...she started spreading tons of rumors abt Lucy but these two nest ones are incredibly damaging " He told her seriously and now Rachel was a little scared what had she said abt them ? " She...she said that Lucy kept forcing herself onto her at a bar and that she put something in her drink to make her really drunk " Mike told her and now Rachel was getting angry this was the second time a rumor like this had been spread " What else Mike ?.." She asked clear anger in her voice and nothing would've prepared Rachel for the next one " Santana's going around school saying Lucy tried to kill herself...bc of you.." He told her and Rachel froze surely no one was believing that right ?...no one believes that..." No one believes it tho right ?..." Rachel asked him but he didn't say anything she could feel her breathing getting heavy " They do...well kids at school do yes and Mr.Shue...although Sue has been doing everything possible to stop these rumors from spreading abt Lucy even making any Cheerios that participate in any of the rumors have a longer Cheerios practice " Mike told her and Rachel wanted to feel bad for them but she didn't she and Mike had heard all abt how bad Cheerios practice was from Lucy so Rachel just smiled.

Rachel and Mike sat and talked for what felt like hours but eventually he had to go home so he gave Rachel her school work and left. Rachel looked at Lucy and smiled sadly she missed her best friend...sure she was there but she wasn't really there she wasn't helping Rachel with her schoolwork she wasn't laughing she wasn't in the kitchen making them something to eat she wasn't playing the piano she was laying in a hospital bed hooking to machines...quickly Rachel wiped the tears from her face and began doing her schoolwork before her father's came in with her dinner " Hey sweetheart " LeRory said as he walked into the room " Hi daddy hi dad " She said putting her school to the side grabbing her dinner which turned out to be pizza " Thanks " She said opening the container and began eating she noticed her fathers looking at her " What ? " Rachel asked curiously she could tell they were hesitant " Sweetie you know you have to come home and go back to school at some point " Hiram told her softly " I will do that " she told them and they looked rather hopeful " When Lucy can go back with me " She said and the hopeful look her fathers had was now gone " No we mean now Rachel " Hiram said and they were a little surprised and concerned when Rachel started laughing " Your funny dad really I see where I get my sense of humor but.." She said and made eye contact with them " I'm not going anywhere without Lucy " She said seriously they could see it in her eyes she meant that " But Rach- " LeRory started softly " No buts ! I am not leaving her side ! This is my best friend ! I'm not going anywhere unless she's with me ! " Rachel said she hadn't ever risen her voice at her fathers and normally they would've punished her for that however she was clearly going through something and she was scared to leave her blonde friend behind. Hiram and LeRory sighed " Okay then but tomorrow you are coming home to take a shower " Hiram said sternly and she nodded she could agree to that she needed a shower anyway a long hot shower at that. Her fathers gave her hugs and kisses goodnight and left the hospital for the night so Rachel finished up her pizza then walked to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and washed her face before putting on her pajamas. She walked back into the room sitting back in her seat and starting her schoolwork again.

/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+

Rachel wasn't sure how late it was all she knew was that she was a little tired but she'd decided to sing Lucy a song just like she'd done every other night this time she was gonna sing a song Lucy introduced to her the song was titled '80's Movie ' by a singer that goes by the name Brooke Butler. Rachel hadn't ever heard of the song or the singer however she fell in love with the song age singer herself Rachel took a deep breath before she began singing the song

Run away for the weekend
Take a second to breathe and do whatever I want
Never wanted to be in
Shoes you tried fit me in
'Cause they always felt wrong
Wanna go back in time just like Michel J. Fox
Run down the halls like the breakfast club
Find the girl I forgot
Tell her have some fun
Don't take yourself so serious
I wanna act my age
I wanna make my own mistakes
I wanna do like they do in an 80's movie
Act my age
I wanna act my age
I don't have much time to waste
I wanna do what they do in an 80's movie
Act my age
Sneakin' in through the windows
Sneakin' liquor 'cause we don't have a fake ID
Rubbin' off all our make up
Cryin' over a breakup
Maybe that's what I need
Wanna be at the end of Patrick Swayze's arms
I wanna get lost just like the Goonies are
Find the girl I forgot
Tell her have some fun
Don't take yourself so serious
I wanna act my age
I wanna make my own mistakes
I wanna do what they do in an 80's movie
Act my age
I wanna act my age
I don't have much time to waste
I wanna do what they do in an 80's movie
Act my age
Feels like I'm growing up to fast
Don't wanna get there and look back
Regret all the moments I never got to have
I wanna act my age
I wanna make my own mistakes I wanna do what they do in an 80's movie
I wanna act my age ( act my age )
I wanna make my own mistakes
I wanna do what they do in an 80's movie ( what they do in 80's movies )
Act my age
I wanna act my ( act my age )
I don't have much time to waste ( that much time )
I wanna do what they do in an 80's movie
Act my ( act my age )

When Rachel finished singing she wiped the tears from her eyes she could see why Lucy loved the song it was bc she could relate to it she never got the chance to act her age as a child or even now...Rachel calmed herself down and grabbed her book to read but something stopped her she saw Lucy's hand move " Luce ?.." Rachel said looking at the blonde but nothing no movements other than her chest rising and falling she was imagining things she'd had a dream of Lucy waking up more than once so she was just seeing things bc she was tired but this time Rachel knows she saw it Lucy's hand moved once again and Rachel slowly turned to look at her " Rae ?....".

How'd you like the chapter yes I am leaving it on a cliffhanger sorry here you are 💓