Trick or treat

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you like this little Halloween fic! 🎃

-

Alex knew when he decided to visit Mer and Seattle around this time of the year a lot of old feelings would come back up, that he tried so hard to hold back for the last few years.

It's Halloween. A holiday that always makes him sad - reminding him of all the trick or treating he never got as a kid. Well not always, there were quite some Halloween he enjoyed but after he left Seattle the holiday became just that sad holiday again. So when Mer invited him for this year's Halloween he actually got a little excited.

Doing what Mer told him this morning he's now at the hospital to pick up the Grey-Shepherd kids, as Mer has to work the night shift.

Rounding the corner to daycare he gets already greeted by Nancy.

"Ah, Doctor Pierce picked them up earlier to attend the Halloween parade and trick or treating at the peds floor." The daycare worker that works here, for what feels like forever, retorts him with a smile.

"Thank you." So he returns the smile and immediately turns around going straight up to the peds floor.

The parade is just over as Alex gets out of the elevator and everyone slowly vanishes in their rooms again, with their pillowcases full of candy.

He keeps looking for the Grey-Shepherd kids but again couldn't find them in the crowd yet.

He rounds the corner to the nurse station as a little girl bumps into his legs as she's goofing around with a little boy.

"Sorry." The little blonde in a fairy costume gasps as she looks at him with her big eyes, "Hi."

"Luna, come on this way. Emery, Andrea!"

He sees Carina DeLuca at the elevator calling for the little blonde. Who just smiles at Alex and waves at him, "Bye."

"Bye Luna." He waves back at her as she turns around and runs towards Carina and the other two kids.

"Uncle Alex!"

The voice of his niece lets him lose his view from the little fairy and lets him turn around to catch his niece as Zola and Bailey come right behind her.

The four of them go and tell Mer goodbye before Alex takes them to Mer's house, where Amelia and Maggie are already waiting for them to go trick or treating .

After their trick or treating around the neighborhood, they return back home and start the little Halloween party Maggie organized for the kids.

Alex helps Ellis sort her candy on the coffee table as the doorbell rings and Amelia opens the door.

He's not really paying attention as he's deep in Ellis' special system to sort her candy until he hears her voice.

"Hey! Sorry we're late, I had an emergency c-section. I bought Andrea as Carina has to work, but Maya will come pick him up in an hour." As soon as he hears her voice he is staring at her. He watches her as she helps the two girls from earlier get rid of their coats and takes the coat of the little boy on her hip off too.

"It's fine. One more won't make a difference." Amelia laughs, "Come in little ones."

Jo puts their coats up at the wardrobe and vanishes with Amelia and the little boy in the playroom.

The two girls follow them first but turn around quickly and come to the living room.

He concentrates back on his task as Ellis excuses herself to the toilet. But hears a little gasp again as the little girls come closer to where he's sitting on the couch.