Come Home

"Alex put your stupid phone away, we are having dinner. You know the rule, no electronics or toys at the table!" Izzie's snortes strictly.
With a quick glimpse on his phone Alex can see the name of his wife. It's another voicemail from her. With a heavy heart he turns his phone around and puts it next to his glass.

From then on he eats silently, deep in his thaughts, thinking about Jo. He misses her so much, but he has to do this. He's not like his dad, he really wants to know his kids.

+

Alex phone is still in the kitchen on the dining table when it starts ringing again. Alex is putting the twins to bed so Izzie is the only one in the kitchen. She walks over to the phone and looks on the illuminated display. A picture of Alex in a dark blue tux with a brunette woman in his arms is showing up. The caller ID spelling 'Princess'. The call ends before Izzie could pick it up and the phone turns to it's lock screen - another picture of Alex and the brunette woman. This time Alex is wearing a black tux and vampire teeth. The woman, who Izzie supposes is his wife, is wearing the same white dress like in the picture before but ruined with blood.
Who the hell does something like this to their wedding dress? Izzie would never do that. Not in a million years.
Annoyed by all those calls Izzie takes the phone, turns it off and puts it away.

+

"Have you seen my phone? I left it on the dinning table after dinner but it's not there anymore." Alex walks into the kitchen after putting the twins to bed. He wants to call Jo. He needs to hear her voice, but he can't find his stupid phone.

"Yeah I put it away. It was ringing all the time so I turned it off and put it away." Izzie answers him casually, like it's the most normal thing in the world to hide other peoples phones.

"What the fuck. Where is it? I need it." He asks angrily. What the hell is she thinking?

"No, Alex. You agreed to spend some time with us without distractions and that phone was distracting you. So no, you will get it back, just not today." She answeres him, turning back to washing the dishes.

"Wow. You haven't changed a bit Izzie. Everything is always about you. I came here to meet my kids. I thought yeah, maybe Izzie changed. Maybe we can be friends again and coparent the twins. But you obviously haven't changed a bit. Now give me my phone back because I need to call my wife."

Izzie's throwing the towel onto the kitchen counter beside the sink hard and crosses her arms over her chest.

"No! You wanted to meet your kids and if you want to stay and get to know them you have to play after my rules. No phone! No contact to Seattle! And don't you ever talk to my kids about your stupid wife again!"

Alex's blood starts boiling. No one speaks about his Jo like this. No one calls her stupid. No one! Not even Izzie. Yeah, she's the mother of his kids but she has no freaking right to badmouth Jo.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALKING ABOUT MY WIFE LIKE THAT! SHE'S ANYTHING BUT STUPID. MY WIFE IS THE MOST BRILLIANT, MOST AMAZING, MOST CARING WOMAN AND DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK DIRTY ABOUT HER BECAUSE YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW HER! SHE'S THE REASON I'M HERE. I'M A BETTER MAN BECAUSE OF HER. SHE TOLD ME TO COME HERE EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT I'M HERE FOR. BECAUSE SHE TRUSTS ME. I LOVE HER TO DEATH. AND IF I WANT TO TALK TO MY CHILDREN ABOUT MY WIFE THEN I WILL." Alex screams angrily. Balling his fists, resisting everything to not punch Izzie in her stupid face.

"Of course you take her side. Because she screws you." Izzie says provocatively.

"HELL YES I TAKE HER SIDE. BECAUSE SHE'S MY WIFE AND THAT MEANS SOMETHING TO ME. UNLIKE OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS ROOM. I WOULD NEVER, LEAVE HER THROUGH A DUMBASS LETTER AND SEND HER DIVORCE PAPERS. NEVER! BECAUSE SHE DESERVES THE WORLD. AND YES SHE SCREWS ME, BETTER THAN YOU EVER DID!" He has no idea why he said that, but he wants to hurt Izzie. And if he couldn't do it physically he has to use his words. It's also the truth, so he has no problem admitting this in front of Izzie.
It's silent in the kitchen. Izzie's eyes fill with tears, but Alex doesn't care. With quick steps she leaves the kitchen, leaving Alex alone. He really doesn't care, all he cares about is finding his stupid phone and calling his wife. He hasn't spoken to her since he left and he misses her voice. Also, if he's not hearing Jo's calming words anytime soon, he's sure he will kill Izzie.