Wedding guests

"Alex could you come help me?"
They have half an hour until they really have to go, otherwise they will be late. Which isn't abnormal for the Karev family. It really is a wonder when they get somewhere in time. In the end they can always blame it on the kids.
But to be honest they really had their struggles with the little Karevs. Especially since their little baby girl Eden joined them three weeks ago.
Before Eden's birth they had quite a routine, but now they are out numbered and really struggle from time to time. Like right now.
Even though they got up at six this morning to have two hours of spare time, they have to hurry now. Time really flows by different when you have kids. After they got up Alex and Jo used the quiet, childless time to take a shower together, they had breakfast and started to get themselves ready. Then they woke up the twins and started their morning routine. Alex fed them breakfast while Jo fed the smallest Karev. After that they got the kids ready.
Alex is just fixing his sons bow tie when he hears his wife's call.

"Alright, buddy go downstairs to your sister and watch some TV, mommy and I will be there in a second." With that his son is already gone.

Walking through the door of their bedroom he couldn't see his wife at first. Only their baby girl lying in the middle of their bed surrounded by pillows, contently sucking on her pacifier. She's dressed in a little grey dress with a matching bow on her head. As soon as he reaches her, to place a kiss on her tiny nose, his wife comes out of their en-suite bathroom, taking his breath as his jaw drops.

"Wow- You look incredible." She's dressed in a dark blue jump suit that emphasizes the curves of her body just perfectly, not telling that this woman had a baby only three weeks ago. Jo answers him with a smile while she walkes to the closet to grab something.

"Close your mouth. You're starting to drool all over my carpet." She comments jokingly, while she walkes back to the bed. Now standing in front of him he puts both of his hands on her hips, just staring at her. She knows exactly what he's thinking.

"I have to disappoint you but we do not have the ok from my OB yet. So no easy wedding sex for you this time, I'm sorry baby." Her hands stroke his cheeks and the back of his head while he pulls her closer to steal a kiss from her.

"Oh stop that crap, I can renounce sex for a little longer. Your body needs to heal and it's allowed to do that because this perfect, tiny human came out of it." Pointing towards their daughter he gives his wife another kiss before he lets go of her. "But you called me for something."

"Yes. You need to help me with this." She grabs the dark blue scarf like thing that she got from the closet.
"We need to figure out how this works."

Alex is confused. "Ok first of all that the hell is that?" He really has no idea what that thing in his wife's hands is.

"It's a baby sling, Alex. I bought it for the wedding so it matches my outfit." And now he's scared. Alex can't remember much but he had a really bad memory when the pot cookies went around the hospital. He remembers that sling he wore for like five seconds in Mer's house, until it fell of with a baby in it.

"Oh don't make that face, Alex. I know you had a traumatic experience with a baby sling when you were high, but I also told you a hundred times that it was not Hunt's baby that you dropped it was a freaking teddy bear." Jo's laughing at him, just like the night she picked him up from Amelia and Owen's House and he told her in the car that he might have crushed and then dropped Hunts new baby.
She was laughing even harder after she called Amelia, when they were home and she told Jo that it was a bag of chips that Alex crushed and a teddy bear which he dropped.
And now she's laughing again. But it's true. That day really left some kind of traumatic scar in Alex.
Watching his wife trying to put on the cloth, Alex sits down beside his daughter and gets his phone out.
"Let me google how you do that crap, before you drop my precious baby girl because we knotted this thing wrong." Looking down on his phone, searching for an easy instruction, his wife is trying to figure it out on her own.

"This can't be to difficult, right? It's just a long scarf that you put around yourself and your baby." But it isn't as easy as is seams.

"Ok here. I found a YouTube video. Ok you have to find the middle. Now grap it from above and put it on your stomach like a pinafore. Now cross it behind your back and put it over your shoulders. Look, like that." He pauses the video and shows Jo what it should look like. "Now you put the baby inside. Then you do the rest- wow, that crap is complicated."
Looking up from his phone he's surprised to find his daughter in a perfectly knotted sling on his wife's chest.

"My wife is a freaking genius." Alex smirks at Jo, while she kisses the head of their baby. Looking up from Eden, she unties the baby sling again.

"I think I got it. Let's go. Can you grab my shoes?" She's already out the door with their daughter still on her chest.
Alex grabs her shoes and follows her downstairs.
While Jo straps Eden into her car seat, Alex gets the twins and they head out with only fifteen minutes delay.

+

"It was a nice ceremony. Not as good as ours but still good." With his arm around his wife, they are sitting at their table. They are done with eating and now everyone is dancing. Except Alex and Jo. They are still sitting on their, now empty, table watching their children dance with their aunts and uncles.
Alex is stroking Jo's left shoulder while she is stroking their sleeping daughters back. Strapped to her mother's chest she slept through the whole ceremony and is still sleeping despite the loud music.

"Mmhh it was. But come on it's hard to top a wedding on a ferry boat after the official wedding was canceled due to late guests, a missing bridal couple that locked themselves in a shed after hot wedding sex next to a corpse and their wedding planer almost dying. Or did you mean the other one that we had because we forgot to mail in our marriage license? Yeah it's also hard to top a Halloween wedding in costumes and news of a pregnancy during vows." Jo has to smile while joking about their two weddings.

"Our weddings were both perfect because they were just as screwed up as we are. To be honest we should get married a third time only to see what would happen." Alex says while looking at his wife.

"If this was another proposal of yours, I have to say that you didn't learn much from your first one, because I didn't hear a 'Will you marry me?' or a "marry me again.'" Jo's now looking into Alex's eyes while she has to smirk.

"No, it wasn't a proposal. I've learned from my mistakes. This was just me telling you that I would marry you again any time if you want." Jo's eyes soften and her heart melts by his words.

"Awww, I'll let you know when I want to marry you again, Alex Karev." Leaning forwards she presses her lips on his.

"Let's dance, Princess." He's already standing, holding his hand out for Jo.
With one hand on their daughters back and the other one in Alex's, she follows him to the dance floor. He puts his hands on her hips, while both of her hands find their way to his neck. Dancing as close as they can with their daughter between them.

"I love you, Josephine Karev."

"Love you too, Jerk."