16 - Busy

Sukina feels good in the morning. She take a warm shower and dress nicely. Megumi did text her earlier about breakfast after this, but Sukina dodge it by saying that she's busy with mission. Though, she did exit her room and walks to the pantry.

Nobara and Megumi are already there, so Sukina greet the two before grabs the carton of milk on the table and a bowl. She put the cereal first, before adding the milk. As there's still leftover coffee in the jug, she pour it in her cup.

Sukina sit beside Nobara. The woman smile, before look at her.

"Morning, Sukina san. How's your day?" Nobara asked. Sukina smile, before she sips her coffee.

"Same days, Nobara. But, it feels cold today. It looks like it will rain soon. Too bad, I need to go out." Sukina continue to eat her cereal.

"Ah, you didn't join our training again? I thought you would join the exchange event though?" Nobara asked. Sukina twirl her coffee cup, before sip.

"That's a secret though, hehe. Anyway, I need to be fast. Good luck on training you two. Maybe, I'll join on the next week or so." Sukina grin. 

"Alright... Then, take care." Megumi stated. The tall woman simply smile before she continue to eat.

After a hearty cereal meal, Sukina wash the bowl before exit the pantry. She grabs her phone in her pocket, before see some text from Satoru. He said that she need to come to Yuji's room. He will bring them to Nanami.

Sukina walks  though. She didn't want to abuse her cursed energy anymore. She's tired. After she arrived, Sukina knocks the door first, before Yuji open it. He looks excited though.

"Morning Sukina chan! How's your cold?" He asks. Sukina smile, before she pat her shoulder.

"I'm good, thanks. Where's Satoru?" Sukina looks around.

"Oh, sensei said that he will get us umbrella. They forecast stated that it would rain heavily." Yuji said. Sukina nod before she heads towards the couch.

She didn't say anything after that. Sukina feels bored of waiting, so slowly, she starts to braid her hair. Yuji remained silent, as it's awkward. He thought that Sukina is extrovert person like Satoru. Maybe, a prankster? But this time, she didn't look like she wants to have a chat with anyone.

Let her be, he guess?

After Sukina done braiding her hair, it looks much shorter, and she put her braid into a bun. Goodness, she really brought a few hair ties and bobby pin here. Was Sukina is comfortable with him?

"Done!" She stand up. Her neck was exposed, along with her half zip jacket.

Sukina smile when her eyes meet Yuji. Yuji didn't say anything, but his face flushed in red. She's pretty!

"Hi everyone! Oh, you're here." Satoru giggles. Sukina raise her brow.

"Suspicious Satoru. Anyway, let's go. Nanami san didn't like someone taking his time too much." Sukina takes the umbrella from Satoru.

"Yes! Let's go, Yuji kun." Satoru calls his name. Yuji nod, before the three walks together, in the dark. There's a secret passage underground though. A few minutes of walking, the three greeted by a blond hair man. Sukina simply smile in courtesy.

"Morning, Nanami san." Sukina bows her head.

"Morning, Sukina chan. I see that you're tagging along, again." He commented. Chuckles, the red eyes simple give a wide grin.

"This is Kento Nanami, the ex-salaryman jujutsu sorcerer!" Happy and vibing, Satoru yelling. Well, he at least introduce Nanami to Yuji. Satoru literally hop his arm to Nanami's shoulder.

"Please, don't call me that." Nanami said. Sukina smile. 

"I've studied in Jujutsu High and one thing that I learned, that is jujutsu sorcerers are shit!" He claimed. Sukina chuckles upon his straight words.

Yuji literally confused. But, yeah.

"I'm Yuji Itadori! Nice to meet you." Yuji bows. Sukina folds her arm to her chest, as she knew what Nanami would say.

"Right. Itadori kun, please don't think of me having a same mindset like Gojo san. I do have trust and faith in him." Nanami stated.

Sukina rolls her eyes, along with Yuji when Satoru literally proud upon Nanami's words.

"But, I do not respect him!" He firmly state. Sukina chuckles, while Satoru looks like he's got betrayed.

"HUH?!" He yelled.

"Also, I've work in your typical company, and one thing I've learned is that work is shit!" He stated.

Sukina nod, agree. Everything's shit though. You just have to face it, or-

"If both are equally shits, I'll take the one I'm more suited to. That's why, I came back as jujutsu sorcerer." He stated. Yup, that's what Sukina thought.

"Oh, so dark." Yuji commented. 

"Right?" Satoru replied.

"I also hate the way higher ups act, but I do believe in rules and regulations." He stated, again.

"Right, Nanami san. Let's go. I know you don't want to do overtime today." The white haired smile, before she walks behind Nanami.

"Finally, someone get that. Let's go, Itadori kun." Nanami called Yuji. Yuji nod, before he bid farewell to Satoru.

So, Nanami are the one who drive the two to the mission today. Sukina and Yuji take the back seats. It's silent atmosphere in the car.

"Nanami san, where are we going?" Yuji asked.

"A theatre. A case of transfigured human occured, just a few hours ago." He stated.

"Hm, so we're going to retrieve the body or not?" Sukina asked.

"No. They'll be taken to the hospital. But, if we meet another body of transfigured humans, we should bring it to Shoko san." He stated.

"Too bad it's hours ago." Sukina looks outside the window.

It's already rain heavily. It's a cold day for everyone though. Yuji could see Sukina enjoys the rain.

"Sukina chan." Yuji calls. The red eyes turned around before smile.

"What is it, Itadori kun?" She asked.

"Why did you choose to be jujutsu sorcerer?" Yuji asked her. Sukina leans on the soft seats, before she chuckles. Her lips slowly parted away, as she answer.

"Because, I want to become stronger. I don't want to lean on Satoru so much. I, want protect people around me the most." She answered. Her eyes sparkle in happiness on that answer. Yuji simply smile upon her response.

"You... Love him so much aren't ya?" He teased. Sukina rolls her eyes.

"Shut up, Itadori." She look at the window again, intend to ignore all the tease from Yuji.

Tbc