17 - Target

Nanami spoke with the police and so on to make sure the enter the theatre safely. The theatre manager didn't say anything, but his co worker keep telling him that it's weird. The man even brought two kids with him.

"You idiot. Don't you see the body? That wasn't human doing at all. Let the three do their jobs if you want to keep working longer." He finally ranted him.

His coworker simply nod, didn't want to argue again.

Sukina walks towards the seat, well she stand a few metre away.

"They left us marks. How intentional." She commented. Yuji blinks a few times.

"What marks?" He asked.

"Focus on the seats, Itadori kun. You will see it." Nanami stated. After a few trial, Yuji could see it. It's purple in colour. 

"Woah, I can see the footsteps too." He said.

Sukina didn't say anything, but Nanami being Nanami, he told Yuji the harsh truth.

"A good jujutsu sorcerer would notice it upon their arrival at the crime scene." He said.

"Ouch-" Yuji is hurt by his words, but Sukina pat her back.

"It's okay. Now, what's our plan? Follow the trap until the den, or else?" Sukina folds her arm.

"You two are kids. I don't want to get you two in danger." Nanami stated.

"Tch, Nanami san. You do know that words don't work on me, right?" She sigh.

"It's not a sin to be a child." He said.

"Some child in war country needs to be an adult to survive. It's the same concept here. The main difference is we have you." Sukina look at the tall man. Yuji didn't say anything, yet. But what Sukina said is true.

Children would never learn if they never make mistakes.

"Alright." He sigh.

"Yes! Let's do our best!" Yuji smile.

"No. Let's do it with minimal effort." Sukina and Nanami stated, at the same time. Frowning, Yuji follows the two from behind.

Outside, Sukina stops. She take out her short knife.

"What's wrong, Sukina chan?" Yuji asked.

"We've got companies. We can bring them to Shoko san." Smiling she look at Nanami.

"Yeah, we should." Nanami take out a blunt sword from his business coat. 

"There's three." Sukina goes first. 

The transfigured human attacks her, but Sukina dodge it before stab it right on it's head. Her cursed energy are enough to immobilize the transfigured human.

"Yup, definitely humans." She stated.

"WHAT?" Yuji yells, but he got attack from behind and got yeet to a high place.

"Like Nanami san said. Transfigured human. I thought it's just name, but we're facing such a disgusting curse." She talks.

A cursed that could toy with human body. How pathethic. Sukina look at Nanami. He's talking about his technique. Sukina didn't mind, because some people did that to increase their output in the technique. Meaning, if you reveal your hand/card, the effect would be higher than it should. 

It would be better if it could misleading your opponents.

Nanami is done with his opponent. Sukina look at Yuji. Her uniform becomes wet, because of the rain.

She could use infinity, but yeah. It's hassle. Sukina could see Yuji manage to punch the curse, but she realized that his curse energy lagged behind. Satoru should know about that, but yeah. Whatever.

"I- killed a human?" He snapped. Sukina walks towards Yuji. Under the rain, Sukina undo her hair. Her bun and her braid. It's not good to left it like that. She grabs his shoulder.

"Let bygones by bygones. Let's go. It's raining, Itadori." Sukina stated. Yuji frown, but he nod.

So, the body got brought to Shoko. Nanami brings the two to his house, as they're wet. Sukina got a big towel from Nanami. She appreciates it so much, while Yuji just got a small towel to wipe his hair and so on.

Sukina offers to brew some coffee for the two, for killing time.

"Sure. The coffee is on the counter." Nanami points. Sukina nod, before she boil the water first.

Around one hour or so, the three is sitting on the couch, chilling with towel. Nanami called Shoko, which she gladly pick up. He put it on speaker.

"How is it, Ieiri san?" Nanami asked.

"Well, they were humans though. But, I could find someone tampered with their brains. Also, someone used something to transfigure their souls using cursed energy." She explained. Sukina sips her coffee, sighing.

Can't wait to smash the curse who did that.

"Oh, does Itadori is listening too?" Shoko suddenly ask. Yuji snap out of his dreams.

"Oh yes."

"Don't think too hard. They already died after their body got transfigured. You did great by releasing them from the misery. So, don't worry okay?" Shoko sounds assuring. Sukina smile.

"I... Alright." He replied.

"Ara, Shoko san didn't want to say anything to me?" Sukina teases. Shoko simply laughs in the phone.

"I know how harsh you are, Sukina chan. That's why, I'm not worried about you. Anyway, I need to go. See you later." Shoko hung up the call. Sukina smile, before she leans on the sofa.

"Do we have any witness during the theatre accident? I know it's school time, but someone should be there." Sukina asked. Nanami look at her.

"I'll confirm it back with Ijichi later." Nanami stated. Sukina simply nod, before she gulps the drink. Her gaze then stop at Yuji.

"Itadori, don't think too much." She said.

"How... you can say that? I've killed-"

"Itadori, get to your senses. That's how jujutsu world is. We can't save everyone. You're not at wrong. If you really wants to save everyone, you need to be stronger than now. But, in order to achieve that, you need to sacrifice everything you have. It doesn't matter if it's something you possess or anyone." Sukina put her cups down.

"I'm gonna take a shower." Nanami left the room. He didn't want to interrupt Sukina. He do know what happened to her. A few minutes after that, it's all quiet until Yuji asks Sukina.

"What did you sacrificed, Sukina chan?" Yuji asked.

She simply laughs. Yuji is surprised by her laughs. It sounds so wrong and disturbing. But, her sweet smile and eyes said otherwise.

"My sanity." She look at Yuji. The man could feel his heart beats faster.

Sukina walks towards Yuji, before she grabs his cheeks.

"I would rather let anyone die, than let a curse roaming freely around this world." She smirk, mischieviously. Yuji could feel his pupil shaken by her sudden act.

Yet, the sweet lady didn't budge her act.

"Are you scared, Itadori kun?" Her eyes shows murderous intent.

Tbc