Chapter Four

Ryder

A group of us found this awesome cliff diving spot near Ocean Beach. We're hanging out on top of the rocks and jumping off, soaking in the sunlight. It's me, Blake, Riley, Maddox, Cayden, Dylan and two girls they invited. I can't keep my eyes off of Blake and the sexy little bikini that she's in which only enhances how perfect her body is. I'm not the only one who notices either, because Maddox keeps checking her out as well along with the other guys. But lucky for me, she's been giving me most of her attention and I can't help but feel special.

She walks over and takes a seat next to me as our feets dangle close to the edge "This place is beautiful" she says and looks out into the water.

"Seriously" I say with my eyes on her and it takes a moment for her catch on. When she does her cheeks turn red.

She nudges her elbow in my side jokingly "How is it this beautiful and it's October?" she asks.

"Because we live in Southern California, that's why Blue" she grins at the nickname I started calling her, because of how blue her eyes are.

"We're lucky as hell to live in such a special place" she says and leans back on her elbows.

I look down, trying so hard not to stare at her chest "I couldn't agree more"

It's been over a month of us hanging out from our coffee dates between classes, to paddling out early mornings to beach days and bonfires. If I have free time all I want to do is either spend it with her or spend it talking to her on the phone or texting. She was so caught off guard the first time I called her, she didn't expect it. But now it's become routine for us, I love looking up into the stands at our games and seeing her and Riley cheering us on; she's my good luck charm.

I've been toying with the idea of asking her on an actual, official date and just haven't gotten around to it yet. I look over at her, she has her eyes closed as the sun beats down on her and I swear she looks like a fucking angel sent down from heaven "Blue, I have a question for you" she instantly sits up.

"What's up?" she tilts her head to the side and takes me in.

"Would you want to get dinner with me tomorrow night?"

"As in a date?" she asks excitedly and fuck me if it isn't the cutest thing.

"Yes as in a date unless you don't want to call it that, then we don't have to" I nervously suggest.

She leans over and kisses my cheek "I would love to go on a date with you" she says with the biggest grin.

I instantly relax at her response "Okay, awesome" my hearts racing and my stomach is filled to the brim with butterflies.

"I thought you'd never ask..." she jokes.

"Oh really?" she nods.

"We've been hanging out a lot but I wasn't sure what it all meant"

"I didn't want to rush anything after... you know? I wanted to make sure you were ready for a date"

She reaches over and rests her hand on mine "I'm ready" and if that isn't the sweetest sound.

"Are you sure?" she moves her sunglasses to the top of her head and leans into me.

"I've never been more sure" right after she speaks, she leans in and presses a kiss to my lips.

I instantly, without hesitation kiss her back and feel the fire between us. We hear a few whistles from our friends and pull away smiling "It's about time" Riley shouts.

I look at her in complete awe, because I've wanted to taste those sweet lips from the moment we met and I love that she was the one to make the first move. Everything between us is set at her pace, I don't want to rush or push anything. So, I want her to know she's in the driver's seat with all of the control and I'm tagging along for the ride.