Chapter Twenty Two

Ryder

Carson finally popped the question to Serena and after all of the planning and secrecy, everyone can finally relax. I know that it was eating Blake alive having to keep it hidden but the second it happened the three of them all danced around like little girls, so excited for their best friend and we stood back and congratulated him. I was happy he found the one, and as my eyes scan over to my girl my heart swoons because I know what it feels like.

I haven't popped the question yet, but I do have the ring. I was planning on doing it soon but once Carson came to me all excited about his proposal idea, I knew I need to take a step back and let him have his moment. Blake and I have waited a long time for this, so what's a few more months.

I know that's what she would want to. She would want one of her best friends to have a special moment so they can all celebrate together. He took her to the restaurant they had their first date at and proposed after dinner on the side walk out front. We were all waiting at their place to celebrate if she said yes which, thankfully she did.

Within a week of them being engaged the girls were already looking at wedding venues, talking about color schemes and flowers. I have a feeling within a month or so they'll have the entire wedding planned and honeymoon; the guys and I have a bet. Luckily Carson doesn't care, as long as she's happy and I think that's a great way to look at it.

Blake and I have talked about a future together and without saying we know that we both want the same thing. Since our friends got engaged she hasn't made any comments about us getting married but I see the look in her eyes when the girls talk about or how her smile doesn't quite reach her eyes. I wish I could tell her what I had planned but I still want it to be a surprise. I keep reminding myself to be patient.

We're sitting on the couch one night watching or I should say re watching Game of Thrones for the millionth time. She's laying on me and I have an arm draped over her stomach and I watch as she plays with my hand. "What do you think about getting a dog?" I randomly ask her.

She turns her head "A dog?" I nod "I've always wanted one... do think it's okay to have one in an apartment?" She makes a good point.

"We're saving to get a house so eventually it would have a yard. I feel like if it's small then the apartment would seem big" she laughs.

"I would love a pup, for real" she says with a grin.

"Tomorrow, let's go to the pound and see if we can find one we like. Or if one will choose us" she grabs my cheeks and pulls me in for the sweetest kiss.

"It's a date" she says all cheerful and looks back towards the tv.

We spend the night like this and I listen to her drone on and on about how hot Jaime Lannister is and how jealous she is of Cerci. I laugh at her ridiculous theories when we already know how it all ends but still listen to her spew them out. She yells at the TV like Geoffrey can actually hear her and I have to reel her in so she doesn't attack the TV.

She falls asleep on me around ten, probably from emotional exhaustion from the show. So, I end up carrying her to bed and tucking her in. I clean our mess in the living room, fold the blankets and turn off the lights before heading to bed myself. I strip down and slide in next to her, gently kissing her forehead and whispering how much I love her in her ear like I do almost every single night.