Chapter Nineteen

Blake

I roll over and see Axel fast asleep next to me. He's been staying over more and more these days. The first time we slept together was a few weeks ago after the concert we all went to. I went back to his place with him and we couldn't keep our hands off of each other in the Uber. By the time we got to his apartment, we were already stripping each other down naked and he carried me to his room.

The sex was amazing, mind blowing even. I had multiple orgasms which hit a hell of a lot different than my vibrator at home. He was gentle at first but once I told him not to hold back he fucked me until I could practically see stars and then some. After that we would find any way to see each other and screw like we were some young high school couple.

Things have been nice with him, easy even. We get along great and have so much fun together. There's never a dull moment or any awkwardness which I was nervous about the morning after we slept together for the first time. But, I constantly find myself thinking about Ryder. Even when Axl's screwing me, Ryder will come to mind and I'll feel guilty.

He told me at the pizzeria a few weeks ago that Callan and him are basically fuck buddies. I cringed at the thought of them together because she's so beautiful and has such a great personality, like how can he not have feelings for her?

Then here I am dating one of his close friends and sleeping with him, yet he's still on the back of my mind. I wonder if he ever thinks about me or if it ever bothers him when he sees Axel and I together. If it did, I would never know because he always has such a passive look on his handsome face. I was shocked when he asked me if Axel and I had slept together. We hadn't then and it was such a blunt question but I swear I saw relief in his eyes when I had said no. Too bad that didn't last long.

It's Saturday night and I'm staying in tonight, I've been drinking wine and binging Sons of Anarchy because two words; Jax Teller. I'm digging into a bowl of popcorn when there's a knock at my front door and I jump, feeling startled. I look over and wait for them to knock again to make sure I wasn't just hearing things, and sure enough there's another knock. I stand and slowly walk over, look through the peephole and see who's out there.

I pull back, unlocking the door and then open it "Ryder?" he's standing there with a backwards baseball hat on, a black sweater and jeans.

"Can I come in?" he asks.

I step aside and close the door "How do you know where I live?" I ask.

"Axel told me" I nod because that makes sense.

"What are you doing here?" I look over at the clock and see that it's ten.

He paces in the living room in front of me "I love Axel, he's one of my closest and dearest friends so I know how fucked this is but Blake..." he looks at me with so much pain in his eyes "I fucking miss you so much it kills me. Seeing the two of you together only pours salt on the wound" he admits and I stand there speechless.

"Why haven't you said anything before now? To him at least. Why wait?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Because I thought it would be fine... that I could handle it. I wanted you to be happy and for him to be as well, I didn't think it through all the way"

"We haven't even talked about what happened with us" I say.

"I know" I take a seat on the couch and pat the spot next to me.

"So let's start there then?" he nods and walks over, plopping down.

"I was a wreck when you left Blue, I hated myself so much for that night. But at the same time I understood why... I just wished you didn't cut me off"