Chapter Ten

Ryder

I got in late last night and Cayden picked me up from the airport. I only got a few hours of sleep and now I'm half asleep walking across campus to my lecture. The only thing keeping me going right now is getting to see Blake. I grabbed a couple coffees on my way over and she's supposed to wait out front for me. As I approach the building I see her looking down at her phone.

She has her hair all wavy down her back with a a white lose sweater that falls off of her shoulder, a pair of leggings and converse on. Her outfit is simple but yet she looks like a fucking model compared to everyone else. I sneak up on her "Boo" I say in her ear and she jumps back all startled.

"Trying to give me a heart attack this early?" She says as I crack up.

She wraps her arms around me and gives me the best hello kiss I could have ever asked for "You're cute when you get all jumpy" I say jokingly and she swats at my stomach.

"You're lucky you're so damn hot... ooh is that for me?" I raise my arm, making her jump for it.

"Maybe.... Or perhaps I was in the mood for two" I say and she flips me the bird.

I hand it to her and she takes a sip "Life saver" she says with a big grin. I wrap an arm around her shoulders as we walk inside the building and then head into our classroom.

She leads us to the back row where we usually sit and we talk for a little until the professor comes in and starts the lecture. We both takes notes and try our best not to distract one another since we have finals coming up in a few weeks. After class we walk out and head to the campus lounge to hang out until our next class.

We grab an empty couch and sit back "So how was your trip? Tell me all about it" she tucks her phone away and sits back.

"It was a lot of fun, I loved seeing my dad's and brother's. I was bummed my older brother, Corey's wife wasn't there but he brought my niece. Addy's three and she was wild but it was so nice to see her. I missed my dad's cooking and our dog Ranger. Fowlin's parents came over on Thanksgiving and I got to spend time with his mom... it was hard but also really great to see them" I lightly squeeze her thigh.

"I'm glad you had a good time, I bet they were all so happy to see you Blue" she smiles.

"I went to his grave and kinda broke down... I felt such a mixture of emotions. I'm glad I did it though regardless of everything that happened"

"Good, he was your best friend beyond on the boyfriend crap. You knew each other most of your lives and I know it hurts but you can't just stop caring for him"

"Exactly, it would be easier if I could. How was your trip? Was it good seeing your dad and siblings?"

"It was nice, we had a big dinner with aunts, uncles, cousins and etc. Watched a lot of football and I ate way too much food. Overall I had a great time but I'm happy to be back with you baby, I've missed you" she leans over and kisses my softly.

"I couldn't wait to come home to you Ry" I can't fight the grin that spreads across my face.

We talk some more and share stories. I tell her all about my family drama and the shit that came out of my grandma's mouth towards my step mom. She shares funny stories about her brother's and niece, the hour we had together passes by quickly. We walk out of the lounge and kiss goodbye.

We go our separate ways as we head to our next class and all I can think about is seeing her again after practice tonight. I get to the locker room and coach pulls me aside for a minute to talk. We go over some plays and what our approach to the game on Friday will be, after that I walk out to change. I'm focused on coach and mines chat that I don't notice Maddox and the guys walk over and say something to me.