Chapter Seven

Blake

Ever since Halloween we haven't been able to get enough of each other. We spent that entire weekend in bed and by Sunday night I was so sore and satiated that I slept like a baby in my bed without him for the first time in days, and I didn't have any nightmares. The weeks passes by slowly and Ryder's busy with football and I'm studying for midterms.

Mid November comes faster than expected and it's our last week before fall break. I'm walking out of my last class of the day when Cassie comes up to me out of nowhere. She's in a sports bra, shorts and a pair of running shoes with her hair in a ponytail. "Blake" she calls my name and like the nice girl that I am, I stop and turn to look at her.

"Hey Cassie, what's up?"

"What's the deal with you and Ryder anyways? Some of the girls on the squad keep saying he's single and others are saying otherwise" I have no idea why she cares so much but I try my best not to roll my eyes at her.

"We're dating, and have been" is all I say.

"It's been a while don't you think? I wonder why he hasn't made it official" she says with a smirk.

"I have no idea. Why don't you ask him since you're so curious" is my response dripping in sarcasm which wipes the smirk off of her face.

"You do realize how many girls have their eye on him?" she asks with a cocked brow like I'm some naive little girl.

"I do actually and it doesn't bother me. Flirt with him, do your worst Cassie and tell your little friends to as well. I'm confident in what he and I have going on so this... whatever you're trying to do here is going to work. Run along now" her eyes widen in shock by my attitude and it only gives me that much more pleasure.

"It's a no wonder Fowlin was sleeping around on you. You're a bitch Blake and this nice girl act you put up doesn't fool everyone, so watch yourself" she turns to walk away but I grab her shoulder and stop her.

I narrow my eyes at her "What did you just say?"

"Your nice girl act is bullshit...." I cut her off.

"No... about Fowlin" I see the regret in her eyes but it quickly dissolves.

"Nothing Blake, I have to go" and with that she jogs off towards the stadium.

I stand there frozen in place, staring off into the distance she went. My mind is racing and I can't quite figure out if she meant to let that slip or not. Either way I need to if it's true, was he cheating on me? Fowlin and I had been together since high school, we grew up nextdoor to each other and have known each other most of our lives. Our parents were close and I was close with his mom, she was there for me after I lost mine.

Fowlin had two older brother's who were friends with mine, they all went to school together and played sports together as well. Our families and lives were so intermingled that it felt like we were destined to be together. I had a crush on him way before we got together and when he finally made a move our sophomore year of high school, it felt like a dream come true.

We weren't each other's firsts, but we were supposed to be each other's last. We definitely weren't perfect and fought a lot when it came to college. It was his idea to stay together when I wasn't sure I wanted to come here, and I didn't want to stop him. I wanted us both to enjoy college and have an amazing time because high school was different for me after losing my mom. I felt like I lost those years of partying and fun; he did to. He stuck by my side through it all and I felt like we owed it to ourselves to live it up in college.

He convinced me that we could 'live it up' together and we did. Our first year was incredible, we made so many friends and had such an amazing time. I would have never guessed that he would have cheated on me because he never seemed interested in other girls, even when they tried. I could be wrong, I could have been blinded by my love for him and maybe things weren't as they seem, but why now? Why let that slip now?