Chapter Six

Ryder

Halloween came much faster than I thought it would. We won our game last night and so far we're undefeated but instead of celebrating, Blake and I went back to her apartment. She made me a delicious pasta dinner and then she laid in my arms on the couch while we watched movies for the night.

No one went out because today's Halloween and we're throwing a huge costume party at the house tonight. I'm helping set up the kegs with some of the other guys and we have some cheerleaders here doing the decorating. Cayden and I just finished our duties and we decide to shot gun a couple beers.

"Hey boys" one of the cheerleaders, Cassie says as she walks over to us.

"Hey Cass" he says to her cheerfully but she doesn't take her eyes off of me.

"What are you two up to over here?" she asks as she crosses her arms across her chest, pushing her tits together.

"Enjoying some beer, want one?" He offers her a can but she shakes her head.

"I'm good Cayd, so Ryder what are you dressing up as tonight?"

"I'm not sure yet, what about you?" She grins.

"A devil.... Duh" she says in response and taps my arm.

"Should have guessed" I say and laugh.

"Save me a dance?" She asks.

Before I can speak Cayden cuts in "He's been seeing someone and I doubt she would be happy about that"

"Blake? Fowlin's ex? I thought you two were just friends" she sounds disappointed.

"We've been seeing each other for sometime time now" I say and she rolls eyes.

"Are you official?" Because that makes a difference? This girl...

"Not yet, but that doesn't mean I'm interested Cass. Sorry" I walk past not wanting to get into anymore detail about my relationship.

I head inside and help a few other girls out with handing some decorations along the ceiling and staircase. I look around pleasantly surprised at how good the house looks. I head upstairs to shower and get ready, not feeling too satisfied with my costume of choice. The team and I are all going as Greek Gods.... Real original right?

I wrap the toga around me and tie the belt around my waist and add the stupid lead crown on top of my head. Instead of going barefoot or wearing flip flops, I slide into my vans and take one last look. I shrug because it'll have to do and I spray some of the cologne that I know Blake loves.

I head down stairs and the parties already in full swing. The music's bumping, some people are dancing in the living room others are mingling or playing drinking games. I pull my phone out of the lining of my briefs and see a text from Blake saying that Riley and her are on their way. She wouldn't tell me what they're coming us even though I kept asking. She already knew the team does this kind of crap every year, so it wasn't a surprise to her.

I make my way into the kitchen and walk over to Dylan and Maddox. I walk up and pat their shoulders, feeling better that we all look ridiculous together. "Hey Ryder" a familiar voice says and I look over and see Cassie in a red leotard, with red booty shorts, devil ears, and red heels on. Any other guy would shoot their shot because she looks hot but not me, I have my eye on someone else.