Chapter Twelve

Ryder

When it finally registers to me that I'm dancing with Cassie, I sober up real fast. I give her a look of disgust "What?" she asks.

"Where is Blake?" I say out loud not asking anyone in particular.

"I have no idea, but you didn't seem to care a minute ago" she grabs me and I push her off.

"I see things more clearly now, don't fucking touch me" I say as I look around for her. I walk off looking in the kitchen and then outside but she's nowhere.

I find Cayden and Maddox sitting on a couple chairs "Have you seen Blake?" I ask.

Maddox glares at me "Why the hell do you care? You were a complete asshole to her" he says and stands up to get in my face.

"How the hell do you know about that?" I ask angrily.

"Because I'm the one who found her out here alone and upset asshole. You have no right to get mad at her about wearing Fowlin's jersey. Do you know how fucked up that is? He was more than just her boyfriend and you don't get to make her feel about it"

"Yeah, you're right... I need to find her and apologize" he looks stunned.

"She was going to the bathroom the last time I saw her" I nod and walk off.

I look around the yard more and then head back inside. I walk to the downstairs bathroom but there's a long line around corner and no sign of her. I wonder if she went upstairs to use mine or another one? As I come up to the staircase Jackson's walking down and he looks a mess but that's probably because he just screwed some cheerleader.

I jog up the stairs but she's not in my room, bathroom or the one down the hallway. The door to the room across from it is closed and I hear light cries. I walk up to it and knock "Blake? Are you in there?" whoever it is sniffles.

"Ye... yes" the second I recognize her voice I push the door open and see her sitting on the bed.

She's crying, her whole body is shaking and she looks like she's in pain. I rush over and sit next to her "Baby, are you okay?" I don't even bother to bring up our last conversation because it seems so unimportant right now.

She stares at the wall in front of her "I want to go home" is all she says.

"Okay, yeah we can leave" I say.

"My Uber's almost here" her voice is monotone.

I help her stand and she flinches "Blake, what happened?" I stare at her and when she meets my gaze all I see is the broken girl that I very first met.

"I need to leave" her voice gets a little louder this time and more filled with panic.

"Okay, let's go" I wrap an arm around her and she jumps back, staring at me with wide eyes and in a complete panic.

"Don't touch me" she says and I hold my hands up and nod.

She leads the way and I follow her downstairs and out the front door. I pull my phone out and send the guys a text letting them know I found her and we left. We quietly walk down the driveway right as the Uber pulls up. She opens the back door and slides in, I follow and we are silent the ride back to her apartment.

She stares out the window and I watch her the whole time. I want to touch her, to hold her hand and reassure her that everything is okay but is it? I've never seen her like this before and I know I played a role in it. I was a complete asshole to her earlier and I had no right to be. I'm not threatened by Fowlin' ghost and if wants to wear his jersey, that's totally fine with me. I hate that I feel like I fucked everything up tonight.