Chapter Twenty One

Blake

We're finally unpacked and all settled into our new apartment together. We debated just moving into mine or his but ultimately decided on getting a place with an extra bedroom for guests. We both sold a bunch of furniture so that we could buy new pieces that we both liked.

We were in dire need of a bigger couch so that was the first big purchase we made. It took well over a week to finally settle in and get things unpacked and the another week for my to put the final touches on decorating, but I had both Callan and Serena's help luckily.

Carson and Serena moved in together a few months back and Callan just came back from her trip to Europe where she was shooting pictures for this travel magazine. I was nervous at first to see her since things were weird the last time we met. But, the second we were in the same room the awkwardness fizzled and we dove right into conversation about her trip.

Ever since then her and I have been hanging out a lot and getting to know each other more. Ryder was right, he knew that her and I would make great friends but what we didn't expect was to also love Serena so much.

Between teaching, football games and their jobs we haven't been able to see each other as much as we'd like. On top of that Callan and I have been keeping secret that Carson is going to propose this weekend. He Facetimed Cal and I one night when we were having a girl's night and told us everything, he even gave us a sneak peak of the ring.

We were both a little drunk so we sobbed like babies at how beautiful it was. Since seeing her after knowing the secret, it's been almost impossible to keep. Luckily he's planning on proposing tomorrow so I only have to keep my lips sealed for another twenty four hours.

I light a few candles and take a seat on my favorite, new chair and pull out one of my favorite books. I look forward to Fridays now and have since college, because I don't have any classes to teach. It's the one day of the week I get to myself, while Ryder's at work and then we a game tonight. The girl's are coming over later this afternoon so we can head to the stadium together.

I make a latte on this fancy machine that Ryder insisted on buying and sit back. It's hilarious because neither one of us are bouje in anyway but when it comes to coffee he is. One of our oldest jokes is about him being a coffee snob and he still lives up to it. I was at the market the other day and grabbed a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee grounds and I swear he turned red when he pulled it out of the bag. It's the little things in life.

I flip through the pages of The Great Gatsby that I've read well over a million times and I peak at all of the annotations I've made throughout the years of rereading it. The day passes by quickly and before I know it Serena and Callan are walking through the door.

"Please tell her that Rob Stark is hotter than John Snow... she doesn't get it" Callan pouts as she takes a seat on the couch.

"Are you still having this argument?" I ask and laugh at both of them.

"Jon Snow is life Cal and you need to get with it" Serena says.

"I think you're both ridiculous because Jaime Lannister is a God" they both scoff at me like I said Geoffrey is attractive.

"Never say that again... ever" Callan says and throws a pillow at me but I swat it out of the way.

"I will stand by it until the day I die" I jump up before she can wack me with another pillow "Alright enough we have to get ready or the boys will kill us" I rush to the bedroom to start.