Chapter Twenty Four

Blake
One Year Later

Serena and Carson's wedding was absolutely stunning. They got married at this beautiful mission in San Diego and it was an absolute dream. I'm seven months pregnant and her maid of honor, so helping plan everything and dealing with the worst pregnancy symptoms has been so much fun. Luckily Callan who is also a bridesmaid has been a huge help and the person I leaned on when I needed to.

All of the hard work and preparation finally came to be just now and I'm left a sobbing mess because of bow beautiful the ceremony was and my hormones. We just finished taking all of our pictures and I can finally take these heels off. Ryder takes my arm and as we enter back into the reception and the guests all clap and cheer for us. We find our table and take a seat, and I set my heels under my chair.

I sip on the water in front of me and place a hand on top of my swollen belly. He was unexpected, I got my IUD taken out because it was time for a new one. But, I wanted to wait a few days because the whole process is painful and I didn't want to get it taken out and a new one all at once; call me crazy.

Well within those days Ryder had a sperm that was like 'lets fucking go' with one of my eggs and now almost eight months later here we are. This wasn't at all how imagined things going, but life for us seems to keep happening that way. We moved to Denver a couple years ago and recently moved into the house we officially bought. On our first night in it, As we sat on the living room carpet and watched Netflix on his lap top, he proposed to me.

In the midst of helping with this wedding and starting to plan my own, I got pregnant. Needless to say it's been a whirlwind for us. When we first moved to Denver I was jobless which wasn't a big deal because we had money saved and Ryder's new income was more than enough if I didn't want to work. But, that's not me I'm the kind of person who wants to work and have my own meaning and purpose. It was nice not to have to stress about finding one though.

I ended up becoming a third grade teacher at a private school right outside of Denver. Funny enough, Ryder's mom helped me get the job. A month in and I fell in love with my students and the school itself. My class was so happy for me when they found out I was pregnant and so were my new friends; a couple teachers I got close with.

Ryder's in love with coaching and it's been so nice to watch him learn and grow in this position. The other coaches are all amazing, we have dinners and get togethers with their families often. We also see Ryan's mom and step dad regularly as well and my dad and brother's have also visited us a few times.

Grover's only adjustment was to the snow, when he first went outside he was so confused after the first snowfall. But, now he absolutely loves it and pounces around all happy when it freshly snows. I've come to love Denver more than I thought was possible. It's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to and it reminds me of how happy I am that we moved here. Who would have thought two beach kids who love the snow so much?

Ryder and the rest of the wedding party take their seats and then the newly weds are announced and we all stand as cheer as they make their entrance. They walk in and go right into their first dance which has me in tears all over again. Serena is such a gorgeous bride, she looks like a fricken model and Carson is so handsome. They make a beautiful couple and I can only imagine how their kids will look.

Once they're finished we call clap and they sit at their sweetheart table right next to us. Food starts being delivered to our tables and I thank the heavens because I'm starving and so is the little man inside of my belly. I went with the chicken and veggies, the server drops it off and I instantly dig right in and stuff my face with zero care in the world.