Chapter Twenty Three

Blake

I'm still reeling over the news that Ryder just said to me; he was offered a coaching job in Denver. This is huge, life changing kind of huge and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's been a day since he told me and we haven't talked about it since. It's an amazing offer, and it's been a dream of his to eventually coach in the NFL. I know he wants to do it the only hesitation is me. I love the beach, San Diego, our friends and my family is in California.

Both of his parents are out of state but his mom is in the Denver area. I moved back here with intentions of planting my roots one day and I know what they say about life not working out how you plan. But, can I see myself living Colorado? I've only been to the snow a couple times and I remember liking it.

But it's one thing to visit and another to live in it. Denver's a beautiful city and it is way more affordable than California so we could buy a house potentially. I would have to find a new job which isn't that big of deal because there are plenty of colleges in and around Denver.

I'm walking out of the English building since I'm done with classes for the day when my phone vibrates and I see a text from Ryder. I head over to the stadium, where his office is and along the way I grab us some lunch from the cafeteria. I walk through the empty locker room and come to his office.

I push the door open and he's staring intently at his lap top "If you crease your face like that you're going to get wrinkles" I say jokingly and set his sandwich down in front of him.

He laughs and sits back, taking his hat off and running his hand through his hair "How were you classes?" He asks as I take a seat.

"Good, I have some papers to grade this week which will be fun. Other than that it was good"

He grabs the sandwich and starts unwrapping it "Thanks for the lunch baby" I pull a soda out of my bag for him.

"Welcome" we sit and talk while eating our lunch and lately this has become my favorite part of the day.

After we finish I throw our trash away and stretch, he comes over grabbing onto my waist and pull me into his chest. I press my palms lightly to it as he brushes some hair out of my face "I love you baby" he says and kisses the tip of my nose.

"I love you Ry" I look up into his eyed and he reaches behind me and locks the door "What are you doing?" I ask with a raised brow.

He pulls me over to him and sits on the edge of his desk while I stand between his legs "I've always wanted to christen this office..." he suggest.

"Seriously?" He nods.

"Yeah baby, c'mon" he starts trailing his fingers underneath my shirt and rubbing circles on my stomach.

I give him a smirk "Okay" he jumps up and grabs my face, kissing me.

He pulls my jacket off and then my sweater over my head "I love that you're wearing a skirt today" he says and runs his hands up my thighs.

"I thought you would like it" he turns me around so I'm facing the desk and he holds onto my waist with one hand as I bend over more, propping my ass into the air.

I feel him drop to his knees behind me and use his finger to brush my panties aside, causing my body to shudder against him. He lifts my skirt so it's right above my lower back and dips his head in, running his warm tongue along my slits. I dig my nails into the edge of his desk, trying to keep myself up.