Chapter Sixteen

Ryder

After Callan and I had that awkward run in with Blake she spent the rest of the night asking me a million questions about her. The only way to shut her up was to fuck her, which I happily did. The only issue was I pictured myself fucking Blake instead. I almost called her name out a couple times, I had to stop myself but I doubt Callan would have cared.

When I saw her with her arms full of snack and a huge bottle of wine, it took me back to the movie nights we used to have. We would rock, paper, scissor who gets to pick the movies and then get wine drunk and put ourselves into a junk food coma until we couldn't move. Those night were some of my absolute favorite together. Blake gets so damn cute and goofy when she's wine drunk; I loved it.

Another thing about our situation is that Cal and I don't have sleep overs. She always she leaves regardless of how late it is and there's never been a problem. I haven't had a girl stay over ever, I tell them off the bat they have to go or if we're at their place I'll leave. Sleeping with someone is too intimate for me and I'm not looking for that.

Tonight I'm going out with a couple of the other coaches on the team. Every once in a while we have a guys night, it's usually just the three of us because we're the youngest and still single while the other guys are all happily married with kids. So we go go out, fuck around and I usually end up waking up in my bed with the worst hangover.

I meet Carson and Axel at The Dugout around seven. When I walk in it's already busy but luckily they scored us a table in the back. I pull out the chair and take my jacket off as I rest it over the back "Hey dick head" Axel says and I flip him off.

"We're you banging Callan is that why you're late?" Carson jokes.

"Miss me that much? No I fell asleep and forgot to set an alarm. Callan's out of town, she took off today" they nod.

A waitress comes over and drops off another pitcher "So, do you think we have a shot at State this year?"

"I do, I'm confident we'll make it there. Do you guys have doubts?" Axel sits back as Carson starts speaking.

He talks about our defense and what he believes our weaknesses are. For the next hour we talk work and football. I change the subject so because we do this on a daily basis and right now I want to relax. I notice Axel's head turn towards the bar and I see the blonde head he's staring at. She's sitting on the bar stool, with her head turned towards the bartender and as I continue to stare I realize there's something familiar about her.

She has on dark blue jeans with black ankle boots and from here I see a suede jacket. Her hair is curled and spilling down her back. She looks like just another pretty college girl "I'm going to shoot my shit" Axel says and stands.

Carson and I wish him luck as he walks over to her and we watch. He taps her shoulder and she looks over at him a little surprised at first but quickly covers it with a smile and that's when I realize who it is; Blake. I almost choke on my beer and Carson reaches over and pats my back "You good buddy?" I nod.

"Yeah, just went down the wrong pipe" I say and he cracks up.

He leans against the counter and they talk, he probably says a few jokes or cheesy lines and she tilts her head back in a fit of laughter. My hearts racing and feels like there's a knife twisting inside of it. I can't tear my eyes away, what do I do? Tell him who she is and make him feel bad or do I just let it happen? I don't have a right to control who flirts with or talks to her and Axel is a good guy, one of the best if I'm being honest.

Axel is taller than me at six five wit wide, broad shoulders and is completely ripped. He played college ball and was first round pick for the Rams where we ended up playing together. He tore is ACL a couple years back and once he recovered he realized that we had his heart set on coaching instead of playing. We got the job together, he's my assistant and we do really well together. He's been single for a few years, his last long term girlfriend cheated on him with another player and he hasn't been with anyone else since.