Chapter Tweny Five

Ryder
Three Years Later

We brought Ella home only a week ago and it's still a trip that she's here. Atlas has been so excited to meet her and the moment he finally got to at the hospital, he fell in love with her like we did. I can't believe we have two beautiful kids and such an amazing life together. I always dreamed about this when I was younger and after I met Blake all those years ago.

As I lean in the doorway of our nursery watching Blake in the rocking chair as she breastfeeds Ella, I think back to the first day we met. I remember walking into that lecture hall confidently with no idea what life had in store for me. I looked over and saw her, long wavy hair, headphones in and a passive look in her face. The empty seat next to her caught my eye and I side why not?

I asked her if anyone was sitting there and she moved her bag so I could claim it. Little did she know or even me at that point, that she had my heart right then and there. We talked for little until class started and that's when I got a better look at the beauty sitting next to me. Her piercing blue eyes that reminded me of the Caribbean sea, her freshly sun kissed skin and freckles along her cheeks and nose... God she was absolutely stunning.

I was hooked from the moment we introduced ourselves. I took another chance after class, when I asked if she have coffee with me. She didn't even hesitate before agreeing and we ended up talking for a while. After I learned more about her and her ex, who I was basically replacing on the football team I know I had to tread lightly with her; she was still grieving him. So I decided without her knowing that we were going to be friends.

It worked luckily, our friendship blossomed and grew over time. We hung out all of the time, getting to know each other better and mixing our friends. I got to know the reason for the sadness behind her eyes and all about the things she loved. I took note of every single thing I learned about her and tried not to push or pressure her into anything.

I can tell both of our feelings were growing in the same direction. The day we went cliff jumping with our friends and she kissed me was one of the best days of my life. After our first kiss I knew that it was going to be impossible not to kiss her again. We started dating after that and we still took it slow but fuck if I wasn't the happiest guy on the planet.

The night everything fell apart still haunts me to this day. Knowing that, that fucking prick violated in her in unimaginable ways kills me. I wanted to kill him and still do... he's a piece of shit and scum. It broke her apart and I was scared she would never be the same again. It made sense when she left although it nearly killed me. I let fate decide if we were really meant to be together or not. But we were.

When she came back into my life so unexpectedly it was the best slap in the face. It gave me reason for not dating or having a relationship with anyone else and reminded me that I wasn't holding onto false hope. When she dated Axel for a minute it gutted me all over again and I had doubts that she was maybe not the one for me. I felt bad when I selfishly told her how I felt when they were together but it worked out.

Ever since then I haven't regretted anything. The only thing I wish I had done differently was tell her I loved her much sooner. But after all these years I make sure to tell her every single day and our kids. Watching her become a mom has only made me fall in love with her all over again. She's the most amazing mom, wife, friend, teacher and all around human being.

I love seeing her with my mom, they hang out and have lunch together weekly. My mom watches the kids for us so we can have date nights and has been such an amazing help, her and my step dad. Atlas looks just like Blake with his blonde hair and big blue eyes but so far Ella has dark hair and light eyes that I hope turn green like mine.

Atlas is two and is the smartest, craziest and sweetest little man. He's running all over, climbing things, playing with toys and chasing Grover around. We weren't sure how he would react to having a sibling but so far he's been such a trooper. He loved Ella so much and I just know he's going to be an amazing big brother to her.

We moved into this house right when we found out Blake was pregnant again, a few months after we got married. It all happened at once and like before it wasn't planned but it was the best surprise. Clearly birth control doesn't like Blake; we joke.

Ella finishes feeding and I walk over to Blake "Here, let me burp her babe" I swing a towel over my shoulder before Blake hands her to me.

Every time I hold her it amazes me how tiny she is. I lay her over my shoulder and smile as she makes all of her little noises. I lightly pat her back and she let's out multiple burps that sound like they came from a grown man, it has Blake and I cracking up.

When she gets it all out, she destroys her diaper so I clean her up and put a new on on her. I walk around the house with her in my arms as Blake sits in the living room playing with Atlas. I look down into my baby girls eyes and I'm filled with even more love than I ever imagined possible. It's a big responsibility being a parent to these kids but I love it so damn much. I love my family more than anything in the world. Blake looks up and smiles at me and I flash one back to her.

She's such a patient, kind, loving and gentle mom. My job has me traveling often through out the year and she holds the house down while I'm gone. My mom will help out when needed along with Callan coming out for a bit as well. Serena came too until she gave birth to their beautiful little girl and now that's obviously stalled.

Callan and Axel recently got engaged and the eloped in Italy. They sent us a ton of pictures and videos, it sucked not being there but it was what they wanted. We're going to celebrate when they get back to the states and have a mini reception. Stone is coming out next week to visit for a week while I'm gone. This Christmas we're all going to spend it in New York at Corey's house which will be nice.

I walk into the living room and Ella is fast asleep. I set her in her little bouncy thing that vibrates and gently strap her in. Grover runs over and lays on the floor next to her, he's her little guard. We were nervous how he would be when Blake was first pregnant but he and Atlas became fast best friends and once we brought Ella home he instantly loved her.

I walk over and sit next to Blake on the floor while Atlas builds a tower with his blocks. I take her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. I bring it up to my lips and press a kiss to the top of hers. She smiles at me, big and bright and I fall in love with her all over again. My heart so full and warm, because we've built such an incredible life and family together.

I always dreamt that my life would end up like this and at one point I had almost given up hope. I didn't realize that if you're lucky, sometimes life will give you another chance to make up for your last. Every little thing that has happened, led us to where we are today. As I sit here grinning from cheek to cheek, I know that I will never take anything for granted ever again.

When you find someone you love, never give up no
matter how hard it gets. The ones who are worth it, are worth fighting for. That's one of the biggest lessons I've learned so far in life. When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, do it. It doesn't matter how scary or terrifying it may seem because there is nothing more gratifying than building a beautiful life with someone you love most in this crazy world.