Chapter 3 - Demogorgan Hunters

Quinn's POV
After searching, Will and Mike found Dart in the bathroom but something happened to Will and Mike had followed after him.

When Dustin went into the bathroom, he found that Dart was gone.

We gave up our search and went home. I called Steve and asked him if it was possible to pick Max and I up from the middle school and take us home.

Steve said yes and came to pick us up.

"Hi Quinn. If I'd known you wouldn't have been too long, I would have just stayed here and waited. Are we still studying?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Sure. Just drop my sister off at home first," I replied. Steve nodded.

"You got it,"

Steve dropped Max off at home, and, before I left for Steve's, Max spun this tale about being in AV club and how she had wanted to show me the room where the club was held. My mom believed her and let me go to Steve's to help him study.

We worked through our homework together and I showed him how to do the problems. By the time we were finished, Steve understood everything.

"I understand everything for this lesson but you'll probably have to help me with all the other lessons or I won't pass this class." Steve said. I laughed.

"Ok. Whenever you need me for math help, just call." I replied as I wrote down my phone number on a notecard and handed it to Steve.

"Thanks. I'll definitely need this number," he said as he placed the notecard on his night stand.

"Ok. I'll need your number too. Just in case," I said with a shrug. Steve nodded.

"Sure. There you go," he said as he wrote his number down and handed it to me.

"Thanks. I should probably go now. My mom wanted me back for dinner. See you tomorrow at school," I said as I began stuffing my calculus textbook and my notebook into my backpack. Steve smiled.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow,"

Steve's POV
After school the next day, I drove to the Wheeler's house to talk to Nancy. I wanted to apologize to her and I had brought roses. I was practicing what to say when Dustin Henderson walked towards me.

"Nancy, I'm sorry. Sorry? What the heck am I sorry about?" I questioned.

"Hey Steve! Nancy's not home so you might as well give up on whatever lame romantic gesture you were going to do because it's not gonna work," Dustin said as he grabbed my bouquet of flowers and threw them in the backseat.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I asked in annoyance.

"I need help and none of my friends will answer their supercomms. Do you still have that bat? The one with nails in it," Dustin asked. I frowned.

"Yeah. Why?"

"We're gonna need it. I'll explain on the way. Come on," he said as he got in the passenger seat of my car and shut the door.

As we were driving down the road, I looked over at Dustin.

"Where exactly am I going?" I asked. Dustin shrugged.

"My house," he replied as though it were the most obvious thing.

"Ok. And why am I going to your house?"

"Because my pet pollywog Dart turned into a demogorgan," Dustin replied casually.

"Are you sure it wasn't a lizard?" I asked. I had thought the demogorgan was gone and I wasn't really excited to deal with another one.

"Dude, it literally opened up its face and ate my cat! I think it's a demodog!" Dustin almost shouted in reply. I frowned.

"A demodog? What's that?"

"It's a cross between a demogorgan and a dog. I just made it up," Dustin said. I sighed.

This day had been going pretty well but now I was stuck finding a "demodog" with an eighth grader.

On the way to Dustin's, I stopped by Quinn's house. We had planned on hanging out today and I wanted to tell her that we had to have a change of plans. I felt bad for telling her that we couldn't hang out but I knew it was better off. I didn't want her to get hurt and we could just hang out tomorrow.

When we got to Dustin's house, he led me to his storm cellar and told me that he had trapped the demogorgan in the cellar. I looked over at him and frowned.

"Alright listen, kid. If this is some kind of Halloween prank, you're dead." I threatened. Dustin shook his head.

"It's not a prank, I swear."

I sighed and carefully removed the stick that was holding the cellar doors shut, my bat at the ready if anything tried to attack me but nothing did.

I crept down the steps, holding the bat tightly in my hands, ready to swing at anything that attacked. When I got downstairs, there was a huge hole in the wall and no demogorgan. Dustin swore under his breath from behind me.

"Great. Now it's somewhere in Hawkins," Dustin muttered.

Those weren't really the words I wanted to hear today but now we had to catch a demogorgan before it hurt or killed someone.