Chapter 17 - Brainstorming Phase

Quinn's POV
The next morning, we went back to the shed where Eddie was staying. When Dustin opened the door, Eddie practically jumped.

"Geez!"

"Delivery service!" Dustin said with a smile as he held up a bag filled with food. Eddie sighed and relaxed slightly.

Eddie dug into the food as soon as he got a hold of it, most likely starving.

"So I have some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer?" Dustin asked. Eddie shrugged.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie replied as he munched on some honey comb cereal and drank some Yoo-hoo milk.

"Ok. The bad news is we hacked into the Hawkins Police with our cerebro and they're definitely looking for you. Also their, um, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin explained.

"Like a hundred percent kinda convinced," Max put in as Eddie looked her way.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked, turning back to Dustin.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet but if we find out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too and once that gets out everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be coming for you." I explained. Eddie's lip trembled.

"Hunt the freak, right?"

"Exactly,"

"So, before that happened, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin finished. Eddie frowned.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all."

"Yeah. That's pretty much it,"

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin's saying sounds totally delusional but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have, a few times and I have once. Mine was more human flesh based and theirs was more smoke related but, bottom line is that collectively, I really think that we got this." Robin explained. Dustin nodded.

"Yeah. See, we usually rely on this girl who has superpowers but, uh, those went bye bye, so, uh...." Steve stopped as Robin picked up the rest of the explanation.

"So we're technically in more of the..."

"Brainstorming phase," Max interjected. Steve snapped his fingers.

"Brainstorming,"

"There's nothing to worry... about." Dustin said with a shrug. Steve laughed nervously from behind him. Eddie looked at us like we were absolutely crazy and didn't say anything.

Suddenly, we could hear the sound of sirens coming this way. I stepped forward and instructed Eddie to place the tarp over the boat to cover him up in order to not be seen.

We looked out the window to see the cops driving past. They weren't coming here though which seemed almost strange to me, unless there had been another murder.

We drove over to the area where the cops were to see that there was another murder. Nancy was actually being questioned by the cops when we got there.

*

"So you're saying that, this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asked as we all sat at picnic table filling her in.

"If the shoe fits," Steve muttered. Dustin leaned closer.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or... curse. Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mindflayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know."

"All we know is that this is something different," I muttered. Nancy shook her head.

"Something new. It doesn't make sense,"