Chapter 15 - A Strange Death

Quinn's POV
When I got home, I slammed my car door angrily. As I was about to enter the house, I noticed lights flickering over at the Munson's house. Eddie Munson was my neighbor.

After Billy died, his dad left my mom and we moved to the trailer park in Hawkins. Although it was different than what our home used to be, I did have my own room which I enjoyed.

Anyways, lights flickering was never a good sign. It usually meant something like a demogorgan or the Mind Flayer.

When I got inside, my mom was in the kitchen washing dishes. She frowned when she saw me.

"Quinn, what are you doing home so early? I thought you went to the basketball game with Steve,"

"Yeah, um, we had a bit of a fight and I left early." I replied as I got up in the couch and peeked through the blinds behind the couch. My mom sighed.

"It's a shame the two of you didn't work out. He's such a sweet boy," she muttered, shaking her head. "Sweetie, what on earth are you doing?"

I looked back to find my mom with a concerned look on her face. I shrugged.

"Just looking out the window. That's all," I muttered as I turned around fully and sat back on the couch.

My mom shrugged and went back to washing the dishes.

*

The next morning, I heard my sister get up and go out to the kitchen. She turned the sink on and then turned it off. When I opened my bedroom door, she had just popped two Tylenols in her mouth and then drank the water that she had cupped in her hand.

Suddenly, the two of us heard the distinct sound of police sirens. We opened the door to see what was going on. The police cars drove straight to the Munsons' house and my stomach dropped. I knew I shouldn't have ignored what was happening at their house last night.

"Looks like that Munson boy's up to no good again," my mom muttered as she stood out on the porch with us. I instructed for Max to stay back while I got a closer look.

My eyes got wide when I saw that there was a dead body laying on the floor. On closer inspection, I realized that it was Chrissy Cunningham.

From where I was, the way body looked was unnatural. It looked as though both her arms and legs were broken. There was no way that any human could kill someone that way.

"Oh my gosh," Max whispered from behind me. I spun around and grabbed her arm.

"What the heck Max?! I told you stay on the porch!" I snapped. Max frowned.

"I just wanted to see what happened. Is that Chrissy Cunningham from school?"

"Yes. Now come on, we need to get away before the cops yell at us,"

Steve's POV
"And then Vicky laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh. It was like... it was a real, genuine laugh." Robin explained in excitement. I shrugged.

"Of course she did, Robin. It was my muppet joke," I muttered half heartedly as I placed a couple of vhs tapes on the shelf at Family Video.

Robin stopped her conversation and looked directly at me.

"Steve, what exactly happened last night with you and Quinn?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Just drop it ok?"

"Steve, come on what..."

"Just drop it, Robin! Every time Quinn and I are together, we fight! We were fine until last summer and now she can't stand me!" I snapped angrily. Robin frowned.