Chapter 18 - Cursed by Vecna

Quinn's POV
"It was here. Right here. A grandfather clock," Max said, her lip trembling slightly. "It was so real. And when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up,"

Max turned towards us, looking like she was about to cry.

"That's not even the bad part. Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelly for help. They were both having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then the nightmares, trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat and they started seeing things. Bad things. From their past. And these visions, they just kept on getting worse and worse until eventually... everything ended." Max explained.

"Vecna's curse," Robin muttered.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago, Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days," Max said. I placed my hand on my sister's shoulder to comfort her. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that... for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than twenty-four hours after their first vision and I just saw that freakin clock so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow," Max explained, tears spilling down her cheeks. Tears spilled down my own cheeks as I worried about what would happen to Max.

Suddenly, we heard a noise outside of the guidance office.

"Stay here," Steve instructed as he walked out of the room. I followed after him and he turned around, looking annoyed. "You are not coming with me. Whatever or whoever made that noise could be dangerous,"

"I doubt that whoever it is dangerous. I'll be fine. Let's go," I argued, flicking on my flashlight. Steve sighed.

"Fine. But, you have to stay behind me. No arguing," he muttered as he grabbed a lamp. I snickered.

"What? You're gonna get them with that lamp?" I asked. Steve shrugged.

"Yeah. I am. That ok with you?"

"Yeah. Whatever," I whispered, rolling my eyes.

We crept through the hallway, Steve in front of me with the lamp while I directed us with my flashlight. Dustin, Max, and Nancy started following us, wanting to know who was in the school besides us.

Steve held up the lamp, ready to hit whoever was coming this way as the footsteps got closer. Just as he was about to swing, Lucas Sinclair screamed, backing away in fear of getting hit in the face with a lamp.

"It's me!" Lucas shouted, putting his hands out in defense.

"Lucas?" I questioned. Steve stomped his foot.

"Geez, what's wrong with you?! I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve shouted angrily. Lucas shook his head.

"I'm sorry! Sorry guys, sorry! I was... I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second," Lucas said, sounding out of breath. "We have a code red!"

"What?" Steve asked. I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly what code red meant.

"Dustin, I have been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger," Lucas explained. Dustin nodded.

"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now."

Max looked kind of freaked out as Dustin spoke. Her time was clicking away as we stood here.

Steve's POV
"Ok, be honest. Uh... you guys understand any of this?" I asked as I paced back and forth, reading a newspaper article that Nancy had found from about thirty years ago.

We were in the Wheeler's basement trying to figure out some things about this Victor Creel guy that Nancy had done research on with Robin.

"No," Lucas muttered, shaking his head. Dustin shrugged.