Chapter 21 - Skull Rock

Quinn's POV
"Not to be a wimp, but can I stay in the car for this visit because it's gonna totally and royally suck," Robin muttered.

"It'll be fine," Nancy replied. Robin sighed.

"I just can't stand to see those doe eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve said, holding a pack of beer bottles. I rolled my eyes.

"That's what my mom does," Max muttered.

"Why don't we just give it a trial run? Hey Eddie, uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin approved junk food and that six pack you requested. Oh yeah and we found Vecna, only the bad news is that he's in another darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about and the gate's closed so we have no way of getting in and it's entirely shut off to us so basically you're screwed and I know you're already screwed but now you're like doubly, triply screwed!" Robin explained.

"Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas muttered. I shrugged.

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna. That's what we say, that's what's important."

"See Rob? Positive spin can make all the difference," Steve added, his mouth full of food. I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Uh huh," Robin muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Oh," Nancy muttered as she stopped the car. I turned my attention to Nancy.

"What? What's wrong?"

I then saw what Nancy was talking about. The cops and the news were both here. There was no way that Eddie was here now which meant we would probably need to locate him again.

We all rushed out of the car to get a better look at what was going on.

"Come on. This way," Nancy said as we all snuck behind the news van.

"...right after midnight reporting a homicide out here on the lake. Officer Callahan and myself arrived at the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake about ten yards from the house behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an eighteen year old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney." The chief explained.

Lucas hung his head, knowing exactly who the victim was. Patrick was one of the basketball players and I knew him, of course, because he was in my grade.

"This not good. This is really not good," Steve whispered from behind me.

Suddenly, someone's voice could be heard from Dustin's supercomm. It was Eddie.

"Dustin, can you hear me?"

"Eddie, are you ok?" Dustin whispered as we crowded around Dustin to listen.

"Nah man. Pretty darn far from ok, man." Eddie replied. Dustin frowned.

"Where are you?"

"Skull rock. Do you know it?"

"Uh, yeah. That's near Cornwallis and—"

"Garret. Yeah I know it," Steve added, beginning to walk away. "I know where that is,"

Steve's POV
"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way." I argued as we walked through the forest. Dustin shook his head.

"It's North. I'm positive. I checked the map,"

"You do realize that Skull Rock is like a super popular make out spot," I remarked. Dustin shrugged.

"Yeah. So?"