Chapter 24 - Tell Her Everything You Saw

Quinn's POV
Dustin instructed us to go upstairs to Nancy's room. We all went into her room and sat by her bed, waiting for the others.

"Ok, you guys seeing this?!" Dustin asked. I didn't see anything at first, but as I reached out my hand, I saw that same thing we had seen on the chandelier downstairs.

I could hear Dustin and Erica laughing excitedly since they saw the lightbrite that they were using lighting up on their side.

"We're gonna unplug it. Stand by!" Dustin called. When it had been unplugged, Dustin instructed us to try it again.

I thought for a second and then began writing words one letter at a time. I wrote out hi to see if it would work.

"That worked!" Dustin shouted. We all cheered and Steve gave me a hug. I looked at him for a second and then went back to writing to the others.

I wrote that we were stuck and Dustin asked if we couldn't go back through water gate.

"What the heck is water gate?" Steve asked. I shrugged.

"Because it's in water and it's a gate," Robin replied. Steve nodded.

"Oh,"

"That's cute," Eddie said, rolling his eyes. I shook my head.

"No, it's, uh..."

I wrote out that the gate was guarded and Dustin picked up on it immediately.

"We think we have a theory that could help with that!" Dustin replied. "We think water gate isn't the only gate! That there's a gate at every murder site!"

"Does anyone know what he's talking about?" I asked, not able to make out everything Dustin had been saying. Everyone shook their heads, not knowing what he had said either.

I sent Dustin a question mark and he got annoyed.

"Seriously?! How many times do I have to be right on the money before you just trust me?!"

"Geez. This kid's gotta have his ego in check," Steve muttered. Eddie nodded.

"It's his tone, right?"

"Oh ok. That means that the closest gate from here would be in Eddie's trailer," I said. Eddie nodded.

"That sounds about right,"

"How are we gonna get there?" Steve asked. We though for a second and then Robin spoke up.

"I know this house is weirdly, creepily frozen in time but don't the Wheeler's have bikes?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. They do,"

*

We were all on our way to the trailer park, each of us on bikes from the Wheeler's garage.

As we rode past the Creel house, we rode faster. With Vecna being so close, who knew what could happen if we even slowed down a bit.

After we got to the trailer park, we all got off our bikes and went straight into Eddie's trailer.

"This has to be a Guineas World Record! Most miles ridden inter dimensionally!" Robin explained. Steve coughed and wheezed, shaking his head.

"I just inhaled a bunch of that crap," he muttered, coughing again. "It's stuck in my throat,"

When we entered the trailer, a gate just like the other one was above our heads.

"This is where Chrissy died," Eddie muttered. "Like, right where she died."