Chapter 26 - Defeating Vecna

Steve's POV
As we entered War Zone, my eyes grew wide. This place was filled with all kinds of weaponry.

"So much for avoiding angry hicks," Robin muttered, noticing that the store was really full.

"Let's be fast, yeah?" Nancy asked. Erica nodded.

"Definitely,"

We all began to spread out through the store to get what we needed. Quinn followed after to me to help me find what we needed.

I bought a T-shirt, a leather jacket, and a pair of shoes from the store which I put on immediately. Robin, Quinn, and I were all throwing metal containers of kerosene into the cart at the moment.

As I walked away, I froze when I turned the corner and to find Jason at the counter, purchasing a gun. He was talking to Nancy. I grabbed Quinn, telling her that we needed to leave immediately.

We made our purchases and made our way to the rv.

"What happened?!" Lucas asked as we came inside.

"We need to go," I said, jumping into the front seat.

"Your old friends are here," Erica said, answering her brother's question.

I started up the rv and got us out of there as soon as we could, not wanting to stick around any longer.

Quinn's POV
Steve drove us to Lover's Lake and we got to work on making things to protect us against Vecna.

Nancy and Max were working at sawing the barrel off the shotgun that Nancy had bought from the shop which didn't look entirely legal.

"Is this legal?" Max asked, as though reading my mind. Nancy shrugged.

"Actually, I think it's a felony."

Max smirked and nodded.

"Right,"

"But it'll guarantee us one thing. I won't miss," Nancy muttered as she kept sawing away at the barrel. As it finally sawed all the way through, Nancy removed the barrel.

I smiled as I looked over to see Dustin and Eddie working on their shields. Eddie then stood on a milk crate and pretended to be some kind of knight. I laughed as I watched the two begin to wrestle together.

I walked over to Steve and Robin to see if I could help. The two of them were filling glass bottles with the kerosene and then placing towels in them to make some kind of explosive.

When I got to them, I could hear the tail end of their conversation.

"I get you there but I still have hope," Steve said with a smirk as he held out a bottle to Robin.

"Not everything has a happy ending," Robin muttered. Steve nodded.

"That's true,"

"Hey guys. What's going on?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing. We were just talking about Robin's love life," Steve answered. I nodded.

"Oh. I see. Do you need any help with Vicky?" I asked. Robin blushed.

"How'd you know?"

"I just knew. Plus you were kind of staring at her while we were at the store," I said with a shrug. Robin nodded.

"Ok. Are you cool with it?"

"Of course. I'm not gonna judge you for it. And if you don't want anyone to know about you liking Vicky, I am a great secret keeper. I'm just surprised that Steve has been able to keep your secret," I explained with a smile. Robin laughed and nodded.