3- Beginning of the chaos

Everyone had a gala time, playing and chit-chatting about everything and anything. The other elements and the peacemaker were still worried about Avan's situation, but they decided to put it to the back of their minds for the day.

Avan was with them after a long time and they wanted to cherish each and every moment of it. And so they did. They played and partied like it was their last day, not knowing that it was actually their last day of peaceful life. They were unaware of the chaos that was going to cross their paths and turn their lives upside down.

★★★★★

"Sameera, I am sorry for asking for yet another favour. But can you go and pick Ayaan from his school? There is an emergency here and I won't be able to leave for at least two more hours," Payal requested, as she stood outside the conference hall, where the emergency meeting was going to start in a few minutes.

"Emergency? Is everything alright? Do you need our help?" Sameera said in panic, remembering the drastic incident that had happened in the research building two years ago.

"Oh no no, don't worry about it. It's not something that would require the help of elements. Just a complication in our research." Payal assured Sameera, before asking, "So...will you be able to pick Ayaan....?"

"Of course. Don't worry about him. I will pick him up and also feed him. Just send me the name and address of the school."

"Okay, thank you so much," Payal said with gratitude, before cutting the call.

Sameera soon received Payal's message who gave her the address of Ayaan's school.

"How much time will you take? Come fast. It's your turn," Ahana called out, impatiently waiting for Sameera who stood up mid game after receiving a call.

"You will have to restart the game without me," Sameera said, coming out.

"Whyyy?" Avan groaned. He was about to win and this happened.

"Because I have to go and pick up your brother," Sameera answered, while pinching Avan's cheek.

"Is Ayaan coming here?" Avan asked happily. With Ayaan in his team, he would win against all the elders.

"Yes," she said, before turning to answer the unasked question of others, "Payal is stuck in an emergency meeting. So Ayaan and Avan will be here for at least two hours more."

"Yeah more time with kiddo," Ahana moved her hands like she was dancing, but her expression was flat.

Hearing Payal's and Ayaan's name brought back the anger she had withheld for so many hours.

"I will also come with you," Gyaan said to Sameera, wanting to stretch out a little after a long day at home.

"Me too," Avan piped up, before turning towards Neer, "Neer Bhaiya, you should come too. Ayaan's school is near Maanvi Didi's house. We can go and meet Koko."

"Really? Let's go." Neer stood up in excitement.

"What?!" He gulped seeing everyone's unamused faces. "It's been so long since we met Koko."

"Excited to meet the dog, huh? So believable," Ahana deadpanned, rolling her eyes.

"Come on, spare him now. What's wrong in being excited to meet your girlfriend," Sameera supported him, "Don't worry Neer, we will take Koko with us, while you spend time with Maanvi," she finished with a teasing smile, causing red hue to spread on Neer's cheeks.

"Dammit! See the time. Let's hurry or else Ayaan would be stranded alone," Neer said and rushed towards the main door to wear his shoes.

"What a nice way to say shut up," Ahana muttered with a shake of her head, looking at her lovesick brother.

"Join us," Gyaan told her, as she was the only one who hadn't said that she would be going.

"Yes, we will have ice cream on our way," Avan bribed, seeing that Ahana was going to shake her head in a negative.

"Chocolate," Avan whispered, trying to make the offer more interesting.

Ahana laughed, but nodded nonetheless, causing Avan to whoop his hand in the air happily.

"A whole group is going to pick up a small kid. I don't know if we should call Ayaan lucky for the love or unlucky for the stares he is going to receive from his peers," Gyaan commented.

"Obviously lucky, everyone will see how much we love him," Sameera said like it was a fact.

The twins looked at each other, disagreement clear in their eyes.

"Let's do one thing, we will stand a little far away from school while Sameera will go and pick him up," Neer suggested.

"Yeah, that's better," Ahana agreed.

"You kids think too much. Why would others care if one person went to pick Ayaan or five?" Sameera questioned, not understanding the minds of youngsters.

"It is a matter of image, you see. Reputation matters," Gyaan tried to explain, but received a glare in return.

"What reputation does an eight year old have that he will lose it by being seen together with us?" Sameera huffed.

Neer scratched his head at the situation, before going towards Sameera and patiently trying to explain that Gyaan's idea was better than them making a scene at the school.

It took a while, but they managed to make Sameera understand before they reached the school.

Sameera and Avan went near the school gate, while Neer, Ahana and Gyaan stood behind the school buses that were on the other side of school. They weren't too far and could clearly see Sameera and Avan as the road between the buses and school gate was too narrow.

Neer was on call with Maanvi, asking her whether she was at home. And Gyaan and Ahana were on their yet another stupid banter that didn't make any sense. The three of them were so lost in their own world that they didn't notice the unusual men creeping out of the bushes near the school.

It wasn't until huge shouts of terror and loud cries of children that rang in the air, did the three realize that the school was under attack. And their fellow elements were in danger.