54- Breaking Stereotypes

Yara pushed Hritika behind her, and took up a fighting chance.

"Yara...," Hritika trailed off, confused by her body language. She was nervous too, but Yara's panic seemed to be heightened.

"I don't know exactly how, but it is clear that he is more powerful than he was at the pack house," Yara whispered to Hritika, while still keeping an eye on Neer, who stood there like a statue.

Neer didn't know what to do. He had to escape, but he didn't find it in himself to hurt these ladies. Just like they were eyeing him, he too was looking at them nervously, not knowing how they were going to act further.

"Run when you get the chance," Yara ordered Hritika.

"And leave you alone, no thanks," Hritika scoffed, before coming forward to stand beside Yara, instead of behind her.

"Why can't you ever listen?" Yara growled.

A fight with an elemental was already going to be tough, but it was impossible to win if she had to keep looking over her shoulders for Hritika's safety.

"Hritika, please understand," Yara requested again.

"Relax, I don't think he is going to attack. See, he is standing still," Hritika said, pointing at Neer who looked powerful and nervous at the same time.

"Don't underestimate him, maybe he is plotting something," Yara whispered, before taking an impulse decision.

She had to attack before he could make out a plan. His powers were too strong for Yara to sustain. Attacking him when he was least expecting it was the only possible way for them to survive.

"Run towards the front door now," Yara ordered Hritika in a stern tone, leaving no room for discussion.

Hritika wanted to argue yet again, but she saw the look in Yara's eyes. It wasn't just Yara talking, this was an order from the Beta of the pack.

Hritika dashed out of the front door, making Neer turn his attention towards her abrupt action. Using his distraction as an advantage, Yara pounced on him with all her might.

Yara didn't turn into her wolf form, knowing Hritika all too well to know that she was going to come back. Her wolf form would have at least guaranteed a few strikes on the elemental. However, the communication with Hritika would come to a stand still if Yara turned into Sachi. And that situation was more likely to put Hritika in danger.

Although she hadn't turned into her wolf, Yara's human form was no less. Having trained for so many years, there was hardly any woman who was stronger than Yara, at least in the human form.

Yara was shaken up from inside with panic, but her punches weren't. They were deliberate, clean and struck right at the places to cause him a lot of pain yet not cause a fatal blow. She wanted him to be unable to hurt her. However, she didn't want him dead. Not now, not until their investigation was complete.

Hritika had gone out and tried to search for some weapon to help Yara out, before deciding to just take a long broken mirror lying on the side of the road to use it as a shield against Neer's water attacks.

Hritika took a huge breath to gather strength, before rushing back inside the house, only to come to a stand still when she witnessed the bizarre situation.

She blinked her eyes to confirm that it wasn't a dream. Hritika had expected that either Neer would be winning because of his power or it would be an even match. But here, Neer was on the floor, barely being able to defend himself while Yara was hitting him right and left.

Hritika cursed as she kept the mirror near the door, before rushing towards Yara.

"Yara stop, stop, he is badly hurt," Hritika yelled, trying to pull her away, only to be pushed away.